Board logo

IVA friendly loud horn?
franky - 8/11/10 at 06:55 PM

Is there such a thing, the louder the better. I don't want to fit one then have the cost of changing after IVA.

Does anyone have any links to a decent one?

ahunt - 8/11/10 at 06:59 PM

Buy abroad? http://www.hornblasters.com/

cliftyhanger - 8/11/10 at 07:13 PM

12V NAUTILUS RED COMPACT TWIN TONE AIR HORN + Fixings on eBay (end time 04-Dec-10 20:44:43 GMT)

That should do the trick, brilliant bits of kit.

I like the look of the above ones too, maybe a bit big though?

adithorp - 8/11/10 at 07:30 PM

I've got a Nautilus as in the link. Not a "excuse me" but more a "GET OUT F*****G THE WAY!" sort of horn.

plentywahalla - 8/11/10 at 07:42 PM

We've just scrapped a transit van that used to be a police 'meat wagon'.

We were taking off anything of value and found that they had ommitted to remove the siren which is a motorised klaxon.

I fancied fitting it to the 7 ... what would IVA think of that?

franky - 8/11/10 at 08:06 PM

have they not got to be a single tone for IVA?

martyn_16v - 8/11/10 at 08:10 PM

I've got a two tone air horn that has separate pump and horns, but I've only connected up one of the horns to save a bit of space. Still god damn loud, and Mr IVA didn't fail it.

Scares the living jesus out of my son when he's playing in the car and leans on it

franky - 8/11/10 at 08:20 PM

I've just ordered one of the above in the link. I guess I'll take the one off my motorbike along to the IVA test with me so i've got it covered

Cheers all.

adithorp - 8/11/10 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by martyn_16v
Scares the living jesus out of my son when he's playing in the car and leans on it

My nephew was sitting in mine making "brum, brum" noises Then asked where the "beep beep" was. So I showed him and it made him cry! Could have been worse; He could have bled from the ears!

adrian

PS. Nautilus is a single tone.

big_wasa - 8/11/10 at 08:51 PM

I used the car alarm horn found in the back of the mondeo. Louder and draws less current than the horn.

Michael - 8/11/10 at 09:13 PM

I have a horn from a Peugeot 207 (customer wanted it changed for one froma 407 so it sounded like her husbands.

IVA'd on Friday and no comments were made.

I feel its loud enough for me.

RazMan - 8/11/10 at 11:18 PM

+1 for the Nautilus - it scares the crap out of me whenever I use it

l0rd - 8/11/10 at 11:31 PM

I love the sound from a Renault 21 horn.

For some reason, that specific horn was not installed on any UK cars as i couldn't find one to swap it over