Board logo

Stoo - 6/9/07 at 10:09 AM

Hi all,

Just a quick post to say hello - I have recently bought a Tiger Super Six (not a locost I know) but I am hoping to spend the winter ripping out the old pinto engine and replacing it with a Zetec.

I have seen plenty of advice on here surrounding fitting the zetec to seven style cars so I thought I ought to register and introduce myself, in case I need some specific advice later!

Stoo

nib1980 - 6/9/07 at 10:11 AM

Welcome!

I'm sure any question will be answered that you may have but be warned, I'm sure someone will be here shortly to tell you to fit a bike engine!!

oadamo - 6/9/07 at 10:12 AM

but wont a cec be faster
adam

richijenkin - 6/9/07 at 10:39 AM

Welcome dude!

Rig
P.S - Forget the zetec, fit a bike engine...

adithorp - 6/9/07 at 10:57 AM

Go on then...make it a BEC.

adrian

Hellfire - 6/9/07 at 11:14 AM

BEC is the way to go.....

Phil

Stoo - 6/9/07 at 11:26 AM

I think conventional wisdom is that the Super Six is to heavy for a bike engine (650kg) and after weighing up all the possible engine conversion options the Zetec seems to be the most cost effective.

My bro has an R1 powered Striker so I know how mad a BEC is!!!

Stoo

russbost - 6/9/07 at 12:14 PM

Yeah, but it only weighs 650kg 'cos its got 649kg of Pinto in it, fit a bike engine & it'll be down to about 500kg!
& welcome to the looney bin - you won't find any differences of opinion on here!

Peteff - 6/9/07 at 12:37 PM

I'd undo the bolts if I was you Stoo, it'll come out a lot easier

Stoo - 6/9/07 at 12:48 PM

Love it!!!

Peteff - I'll bear that in mind

Just need to get my hands on a Blacktop 2.0 litre Zetec now, and get my garage tidied up ready to start.

Stoo

matt.c - 6/9/07 at 06:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stoo

Love it!!!

Peteff - I'll bear that in mind

Just need to get my hands on a Blacktop 2.0 litre Zetec now, and get my garage tidied up ready to start.

Stoo

Sod the dirty old rusty zetec! Just get a nice clean BIKE ENGINE!

Oh yeh, Welcome.

AndyH - 7/9/07 at 02:58 PM

A couple of my mates have got Westies. One has a duratec (190bhp) and one a hyabusa (250bhp).
At Spa the 'busa held the duratec up for nearly a lap, then the duratec got past and opened up a large gap.
The reason was the duratec is very well set up, it all works, is reliable and more robust. The limiting factor with most cars is the pilot.
Bike engines are ace but not designed to push 5/600kg about.
The fox now enters the hen house, the farmers gun is ready..............

Macbeast - 7/9/07 at 04:50 PM

Welcome Stoo.

Are you thinking of selling your Pinto, and if so what size / condition is it ? I'm in Maidstone most weeks so picking up would not be a problem.

Peteff - 7/9/07 at 05:32 PM

Tell him he can have it if he takes it out Stoo, he'll be doing you half of the job