Board logo

Gas meter cupboard door, fibreglass
russbost - 3/7/08 at 08:07 AM

Bit of an odd one this, someone has very helpfully ripped the fibreglass door off the gas meter cupboard outside a property I rent out. The gas suppliers tell me it's my reponsibility not theirs & told me you can buy the doors from DIY stores, well i can't find anyone that sells them, anyone got any ideas?
Any of you gas fitters got a spare cupboard door for postage & a few beer tokens - also are these things a standard size?

Mr Whippy - 3/7/08 at 08:11 AM

not make one out of ply and paint it white?

kipper - 3/7/08 at 08:26 AM

your lucky they didn't take the meter.
They get stolen on a regular basis round where I live. They use them to steal gas by swapping them over then put the original one back at meter reading time.

Kipper.

mistergrumpy - 3/7/08 at 08:37 AM

Try these. I've no experience of them just found them with a quick search.
Edit to add there's 2-3 boxes on ebay that you could take the door off. Search for 'gas meter box'.

[Edited on 3/7/08 by mistergrumpy]

Paul TigerB6 - 3/7/08 at 09:17 AM

or these guys

r1_pete - 3/7/08 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kipper
your lucky they didn't take the meter.
They get stolen on a regular basis round where I live. They use them to steal gas by swapping them over then put the original one back at meter reading time.

Kipper.

Does the lousy criminal mind know no bounds.
If they put such creativity to good use we'd be a lot better off, should be beheaded for misuse of intelligence....

Peteff - 3/7/08 at 10:08 AM

Don't they know you can just use a "U" bend and two compression fittings, just use a month's worth of gas before you take it off and replace the meter.

owelly - 3/7/08 at 11:56 AM

Have the neighbours not got a gas box door?........

russbost - 3/7/08 at 12:45 PM

Thanx for all the help guys, excellent as usual & brought a smile to my face too

richijenkin - 3/7/08 at 01:46 PM

Dam gas man keeps leaving my door open, leaving it banging in the wind!!