Board logo

4age Sump & other RAW questions?!
oliwb - 19/1/09 at 12:40 PM

Hi guys, just wondering whether anyone has ever fitted a 16v 4age engine into a 7 with the standard sump unmodified?
Also has anyone bought a bellhousing from RAW to convert to type 9? I'm wondering what the clutch solution is? Looks from the website as if its a cable operated one rather than hydraulic? If anyone has got any pictures I'd be much obliged!
Finally I don't suppose anyone has a standard oil pick up pipe for the above they want to sell or an exhaust manifold for that matter?
Thanks.....
Oli.

JimSpencer - 19/1/09 at 02:36 PM

Hi

Have got a RAW 4AGE in my striker (was built with a Xflow in it), I had mine done with the chopped widened sump solution, Looking at the spare lump sat in the corner of the garage I reckon the standard sump would rest on the floor if it went in as is, but then I'm running the car quite low

The bellhousing I got off them uses a cable clutch.

tul214 - 19/1/09 at 04:01 PM

Oli,

You can just see my sump in this picture. It is a standard 4A-GE sump. As above the clutch arrangement from RAW is cable operated.
Elvington sump
Elvington sump

If you need any other pics let me know and I will try to sort some.

Mark

snippy - 19/1/09 at 07:12 PM

I`m currently fettling with a 1992 Westfield which has a 4age fitted. It`s using the standard sump which is giving a good 3 to 4 inches of ground clearance. It`s also got a hydraulic clutch set up. Sorry don`t have any pics available but at least you know its possible.

procomp - 20/1/09 at 08:04 AM

Hi

Be warned though that engine dose suffer from oil surge when pushing on track days. Even the RAW wet sump was suspect as Garry Goodyear found out running the works striker in kits.

Cheers Matt