Board logo

What engine to go for?
trw144 - 26/8/06 at 10:40 AM

I am interested in buying a 7 style kit car for weekend use, trackdays, and hillclimbs but am unsure what to go for.

I currently own an elise so the performance needs to be better than this (5.5 to 60). What sort of performance would a bec such as a fireblade/R1 give me? Are they reliable? Is it useable as a weekend car in the summer?

Alternatively, what cec engines would give me better performance than my elise? I d like it to be in the low 4 secons to 60?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
T Webb

Hellfire - 26/8/06 at 10:52 AM

This has been extensvely covered hundreds of times.... all depends on your preference. Most Se7en styles will achieve what you want but it's all down to personal taste.

IIWY - do a search on the subject using the search facility on the second row down, third link across from top of table.

OR CLICK HERE

Steve

[Edited on 26-8-06 by Hellfire]

Paul G - 26/8/06 at 11:12 AM

I had an elise s1 160, loved it to bits but sold it and built an MK indy with an R1 engine. The indy is almost twice as fast and less than half the cost to build! Also insurance on the indy for me is only £130 fully comp - it was £500 on my elise. I miss the liz though as my day to day car so I am after another right now but still keeping the Indy

graememk - 26/8/06 at 11:19 AM

look its haggis in a can

SeaBass - 26/8/06 at 12:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
your quite correct haggis is an "export" only item to the English, that the Scots dont eat .........
[Edited on 26/8/06 by CaLviNx]

Unless it's deep fried in batter as part of a supper....

Cheers

MikeRJ - 26/8/06 at 12:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass
quote:
Originally posted by CaLviNx
your quite correct haggis is an "export" only item to the English, that the Scots dont eat .........
[Edited on 26/8/06 by CaLviNx]

Unless it's deep fried in batter as part of a supper....

Cheers

Next to the deep fried Pizza and deep fried mars bar for pudding?

omega 24 v6 - 26/8/06 at 12:56 PM

Bloody hell lads I knew that the english were jealous of most things Scottish but I didn't think it included our culinary day to day delights.