Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Indy pics!
jacko

posted on 14/3/12 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neville Jones
Still the dodgy roll cage front legs. When is MK going to rectify this abortion?

What's under the front roll hoop bottom mounts? Not a lot from what the pics show.

Nev.

So how do you do it as you asy you have put some cages in MK cars ? [ just in case i make a cage for my car ] do you have photos i - we can look at
Thanks jacko

Ps i like the look of the car in this link nice colour

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
noc231073

posted on 14/3/12 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Nev
Same old record!!! you are boring us

If you don't have anything constructive to say then just dont say it

Btw nice motor

ReMan

posted on 14/3/12 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I want a cage for my MK, probably a late summer upgrade (I dont do winter upgrades as I have no indoor workspace) ? (literally)
What do you reccommend I do, and and where and at what price?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

austin man

posted on 14/3/12 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
The legality of the cage is the least of the problems.

What's supporting that front leg lower end? In mid air on a piece of 3mm plate???

I've done a few cages in MK's, and never been responsible for something like that.

Cheers,
Nev.

Yawn yawn yawn, look at MK's website and the chasis on the wall of their workshop, both prove the strength of a 100mph plus accident resulting in a barrel roll.

Think you need to get a life fella the cage is welded to the upper chasis rail as well as the lower chasis rails and has been accepted for racing purposes. Im really please you believe you have designed / built cages why not sell them on your own merit rather than slagging off others.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

loggyboy

posted on 14/3/12 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by austin man
Yawn yawn yawn, look at MK's website and the chasis on the wall of their workshop, both prove the strength of a 100mph plus accident resulting in a barrel roll.

Think you need to get a life fella the cage is welded to the upper chasis rail as well as the lower chasis rails and has been accepted for racing purposes. Im really please you believe you have designed / built cages why not sell them on your own merit rather than slagging off others.

Evidence of one crash cant be used as a relaible source that a cage is 100% safe. Ive seen that crash, very little force was taken directly by the cage.

Jon Ison

posted on 14/3/12 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
No cage can be 100% safe can it ?

I walked away from a 90mph impact straight into the wall backwards at Cadwell, I also walked away from a 80mph incident that saw the car clear a 5' high edge on it's side before rolling 3 times with full cage impact, both occasions MK chassis n cage.

This always gets like a willy waving competition, but it always seems to be the competition waving their willys.

That's my 2p.

austin man

posted on 14/3/12 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
did you see the crash or the pictures? I saw both as I was at oulton park on the day, the pictures show very little of the incident which included several barrel rolls the car flipping nose to tail to mention a few of the aerobatic stunts. I think Chris Maries would be able to substantiate the forces he felt on the day.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

austin man

posted on 14/3/12 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
No cage can be 100% safe can it ?

I walked away from a 90mph impact straight into the wall backwards at Cadwell, I also walked away from a 80mph incident that saw the car clear a 5' high edge on it's side before rolling 3 times with full cage impact, both occasions MK chassis n cage.

This always gets like a willy waving competition, but it always seems to be the competition waving their willys.

That's my 2p.

well said that man

Neville Jones

posted on 15/3/12 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Why do you hate MK so much, this seems much more than just an opinion on a rollcage leg, what's really bothering you. Are you and procomp related?

David

I don't hate MK, just dodgy build and design work pedalled by the kit industry in general. One or two of the other MXXX manufacturers are no better, and from what I've seen of the work of one in particular, very sub standard.

The MK supporters/glee club think that MK can do no wrong. The day will come when that is proven a very dangerous way to think. It may be closer than you realise, I just hope noone is badly hurt.

I'm not the only engineer on this forum. It's just a pity that the rest don't have the guts to speak up when they see downright poor design and build work.

Nev.

fimi7

posted on 15/3/12 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Nev,

I hear you and to some extent when I first got my MK Chassis, I had the exact same concerns. Seemed to be just hanging out there. With that said, I think you are missing what a few of the earlier comments were trying to get across.

It seems that on almost every other MK discussion specific individuals, (not saying you specifically), but on almost every other thread, the roll cage discussion seems to keep popping up. I agree that there are some aspects of the cage that just do not seem right.

What I think everyone is trying to ask, is that, yes we understand your concern, and ask that others with the same concern not constantly harp on the single topic on every thread and overload the forum with the exact same discussion over and over and over.

If anyone wants to read about the concerns on the cage, it is extremely easy to find. If you search for cage in MK section alone you get over 152 threads. lots of info out there on it...

I think we can all learn allot from each other. And I would encourage you or anyone else who has good constructive ideas on how to rectify (or replace) the cage to be more in line with an engineers specs, please open a thread on it separately, and I will be the first to ad my limited value 2 cents (or pence in the case of you guys. If possible with Pics

--- Ali

jacko

posted on 15/3/12 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
I feel for Twin 40 the bloke started this link to show of his nice new car and its just turned to a cage discussion
the car looks the dogs keep up the good work
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Twin40

posted on 16/3/12 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Jacko,

I've given up with this thread, when i get some time i'll create a build blog somewhere. Just had all the donor parts refurbished so much work to do this weekend!!

Cheers

C.

40inches

posted on 16/3/12 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Another interesting thread ruined by pointless arguments

Tiger Super Six

posted on 16/3/12 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Twin40
Thanks Jacko,

I've given up with this thread, when i get some time i'll create a build blog somewhere. Just had all the donor parts refurbished so much work to do this weekend!!

Cheers

C.

That's a shame - ignore all the sh*t I am sure that me and many others were looking forward to your updates as it looks a really nice car

Mark

Tiger Avon

Daf

posted on 16/3/12 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Please don’t stop posting pictures! I’m enjoying seeing this lovely clean car come together, it’d be a shame to stop the thread because of some of the non constructive comments! Top work!
bobinspain

posted on 16/3/12 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Twin40
Thanks Jacko,

Cheers

Twin40. Keep it going on here. The few negative comments aren't directed at your car per-se. Besides which, for every one negative, you've got ten postives followers.

Good luck.

Bob.

mad-butcher

posted on 16/3/12 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
nice clean looking car.
I assume the triangular bracket on the front of the transmission tunnel is for gearchange but what are the two at the rear of the tunnel for.

tony

jacko

posted on 16/3/12 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher
nice clean looking car.
I assume the triangular bracket on the front of the transmission tunnel is for gearchange but what are the two at the rear of the tunnel for.

tony

At a guess there for a electric revers motor to mount on
We may never know if he drops this link
Keep the photos coming Twin 40 please
Jacko

noc231073

posted on 17/3/12 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Nev
Your a prat .... Why don't you f off to some other site and wreck their posts
This also happened to me when I started posting my build ... I also got pissed off and removed any pics I posted

This forum is for people who have an interest in all things kit car... Not for people to moan about suppliers

To be honest I think your right not to post anymore ... Why post when you have to listen to tossers critising your build and your car...

Some people just know how to ruin a forum

Neville Jones

posted on 17/3/12 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
OK,

If MK and the other manufacturers built the kits to a proper standard, and fitted cages which do not openly flout MSA regs, then I would not have a reason to say what I do.

That kit looks very pretty, as does a lot of the output of MK.

But the fact that the engineering, or lack of, seriously compromises these cars can not be ignored.

It would take very little for MK and the others, to apply a little common sense, stop treating the punters as mugs, and produce safe and properly engineered kits.

If I had bought a kit like the pics, then had the shortfalls pointed out, I'd be taking it straight back for correction or restitution, just as the owner of that very pretty silver kit should do.

Nev.

40inches

posted on 17/3/12 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Take it outside Gentlemen, and have a little respect for the OP.

jacko

posted on 17/3/12 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
OK,

If MK and the other manufacturers built the kits to a proper standard, and fitted cages which do not openly flout MSA regs, then I would not have a reason to say what I do.

That kit looks very pretty, as does a lot of the output of MK.

But the fact that the engineering, or lack of, seriously compromises these cars can not be ignored.

It would take very little for MK and the others, to apply a little common sense, stop treating the punters as mugs, and produce safe and properly engineered kits.

If I had bought a kit like the pics, then had the shortfalls pointed out, I'd be taking it straight back for correction or restitution, just as the owner of that very pretty silver kit should do.

Nev.

We here what you are saying but this thread is about how Twin 40 is building HIs car not about the so called things you have put up as i have asked in this thread what about some photos [ In a new thread ] of how you make / do then Please
I am not getting at any body just trying to help every one
Jacko

[Edited on 17/3/12 by jacko]

mad-butcher

posted on 17/3/12 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
As Said another excellent post ruined, a diving forum I'm on is often spoilt by 1 or 2 posting stupid remarks about a particular piece of kit just because they don't like it, the best way of dealing with them is to ignore their comment therefore depriving them of the attention they obviously didn't get as a child.

tony

Mad Dave

posted on 17/3/12 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
@ Neville Jones

Start your own thread and try and help the kit car manufacturers stating what they are doing wrong and how to correct it. That way we all benefit

Dave

fimi7

posted on 18/3/12 at 12:15 AM Reply With Quote
Twin40

Could you take a closer pic of the front sway bar. Looks like an interesting setup.

Has anyone else run this setup before, or is it new?

--- Ali

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.