Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Autosport feedback
Jon Ison

posted on 14/1/06 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
Scutter, thast middle pic of yours is class, pure class........

Deckman001

posted on 15/1/06 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Notice you can't see where Dan's hands are ??? Glad it was in focus matey

Dunlop rule for me though

Jason

bob

posted on 15/1/06 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
I must be getting fussy,in previous years the girls have been spot on

I cant believe them rough old munters get work,although maybe all the proper girls were at the boat show

Deckman001

posted on 15/1/06 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone get any pics of the Dunlop stand I forgot to take any

Jason

macspeedy

posted on 15/1/06 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
me and my girls !!

once again a very good show! Rescued attachment image002.jpg
Rescued attachment image002.jpg

omega 24 v6

posted on 15/1/06 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Well I'm Home again. After a round trip of 975 miles we left at 11.40pm on friday night and drove down through the night with one fuel stop and one stop detour to pick up a set of sierra doors for a guy. Arrived at Nec at 7.15am had a coffee in the van and went into the show. Spent all day at the show and live arena at night and back to hotel for 8.15 and first decent grub in 24hrs. A good few beers and a couple of whiskys and off to bed. Rose at 6.45 and brekky at 7.30 and on the road by 8.00. Drive all the way to Scotland and refuel. Cut across country to Edinburgh and pick up the hotrod engine and back home by 4.15pm.
Was it worth it YOU BET IT WAS
Highlights were

Met and spoke with Jimmy and Alistair Macraeand got autographs. They spoke to us like we were abunch of lads meeting up for a chat in the workshop it was brilliant.

Met the legend that is Barry Lee (he was at our hotel and comentating in the live arena at night) and got a group photo.

Talented female models especially on the dunlop/falken/ stand and got a few photo's of them ( 38 photo's taken and only 5 of the cars)

The live arena was unbelievable and for six guys that have never seen a grasstracker in action we were gobsmacked UNBELUCKINFEAVABLE and we all want one each.

To much to mention but didn't see or meet anyone from here unfortunately
and I did look for the fleeces and teeshirts
that you've been plugging/wearing but unless you looked like the models you probably wouldn't have been noticed anywayD

So thats a years worth of perving done in 1 day roll on next year is all I can say.

NS Dev

posted on 15/1/06 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Heh Heh Good to see a few of you impressed by the grassers..........................................!!

Had an idea you might be, now you see why I went and built my class 9!!!

omega 24 v6

posted on 15/1/06 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
When they took off from the line I looked at my mate and we both thought the same thing. There is so much suspension movement that the front whhels almost ( if not ) leave the ground. We both immediately thought that the car had broken its back but it just took of like sh*t off a shovel. I believe the car in question had an XE in it and livery of "TS2" or "TV2" something like that and an Orange type colour. Anyways i reckon they were the fastest around the live arena all night.
minordelay

posted on 15/1/06 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Loved the grassers, I want one, I'll deffo be watchin a bit this year. I know it must have cost a fortune but the mid engined wildcat mini was cool.

Boy was it busy today though, I was really lucky to be there on Thursday too.

MikeR

posted on 15/1/06 at 11:40 PM Reply With Quote
Think me and NS Dev got the best / worst display for the grassers ......... they where wiping the floor with the competition so ......

the only honorable options for the competition was to blow the engine before the end of the race! Quite a few flames......

OX

posted on 16/1/06 at 12:24 AM Reply With Quote
watching them at the nec made me see them in a different light ,if only i had some land to play with one on,me and my brother looked at each other and also said ,,i need one.
i went to watch the grassers at peplow last year and it looked good fun but was realy wet and boggy,,some of the lesser powered cars spent more time being towed off the track becouse they were stuck

NS Dev

posted on 16/1/06 at 01:01 AM Reply With Quote
Ah Peplow!!!

I went to college at harper adams so I know it round there quite well!!!

Funnily enough I noticed a few folks at the show in "Cyril Wilcox" shirts, iirc he's based at Peplow and was just a shed full of spares when I was last there!!! Must have come up in the world!!

I MUCH prefer grassing when it's dry and grippy. A loose track is good fun but skating about in mud is not!!!

The pink ARC car (Phil Cooper's one) actually uses a Lexus engine, the one fitted to Jap market IS200's. They have an all singing all dancing 4 cyl 2.0 instead of the 6 that the euro spec cars have. As std it's all steel with titanium valves etc. His engine is built by B&J engines in Manchester and is just superb, really solid and reliable 270 ish hp.

You would have laughed if they'd stuck some really QUICK grassers in there, like a couple of class 10's!!!

(not to say Phil Cooper isn't quick, he'd kick my ass round the track with consumate ease, and has done on several occasions, but at least I can say I have raced against someone you have all seen in action now......and he's never lapped me!!!!!)

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

mk blade

posted on 16/1/06 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
Ok for anyone how is interested have finally posted rest of pics from autosport show on my site.

Tony.

andyps

posted on 16/1/06 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by indykid
did you get down on friday?

Unfortunately not - the guy Chris wanted to see wasn't going to be there so he wasn't going, and I had loads to do (including making a chassis) so decided to give it a miss.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

richijenkin

posted on 17/1/06 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
what???!?! there were cars there!!!!???

Rescued attachment IMG_7881small.JPG
Rescued attachment IMG_7881small.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richijenkin

posted on 17/1/06 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
meeeelllloooowwww

Rescued attachment IMG_7886small.JPG
Rescued attachment IMG_7886small.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richijenkin

posted on 17/1/06 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
the best looker there

Rescued attachment IMG_7883small.JPG
Rescued attachment IMG_7883small.JPG

OX

posted on 17/1/06 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
the kumho tyres girl only looked at you becouse i was waving a burger above your head
richijenkin

posted on 23/1/06 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
nah.. she was thinkin....
"mmmm brothers, shame the fat one with the burger is ugly"

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.