Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best Get My Finger OUT Then. updated (10/03/09)
rusty nuts

posted on 5/2/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Is that the beer can cooler between the handbrake and gear lever? Looking good Clive.
jollygreengiant

posted on 5/2/09 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Is that the beer can cooler between the handbrake and gear lever? Looking good Clive.

It was a hole for the gear lever (with rear extension) but that fouled the prop shaft, so it became a hole that was going to be a can holder/change holder pot. However I just decided that it looked neater if I just covered it with a bolted down tax disc holder.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

jollygreengiant

posted on 9/2/09 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lovelock
Send the SVA forms in and get it over with.

Money in bank now, form filling to start tonight.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

geoffxt

posted on 11/2/09 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Clive,
I retract last weeks email which you chose to ignore. Its looking good and close to being done. Get the forms in and get it tested!

jollygreengiant

posted on 20/2/09 at 10:50 AM Reply With Quote
SVA applied for.

Just rang VOSA and I have a 'Z' number, just awaiting a phone call or letter with a date now.

rusty nuts

posted on 20/2/09 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
SVA applied for.

Just rang VOSA and I have a 'Z' number, just awaiting a phone call or letter with a date now.

Whats a "Z" number Clive ?

jollygreengiant

posted on 20/2/09 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
SVA applied for.

Whats a "Z" number Clive ?

It's a number that I should quote to them should I have any further queries that I should need to direct to them prior to my being allocated an SVA slot. Although, they didn't have that much trouble finding me through my address. At first she wanted to know my chassis number (for one moment I did think of replying 4.5inches on a good day, but.....).
Basically that number says that I have been logged and am being progressed to the SVA station.

jollygreengiant

posted on 24/2/09 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Oh er missus, what a day.

Couldn't get on web site yesterday cos I had to get a new keyboard this morning. I threw a glass of drink over it yesterday morning and all it would do (the computer) was boot to the BIOS screen, from which I couldn't exit except by switching OFF. Still 'hit 'appens. All better now. Best fun was that the MS driver wouldn't load, kept telling me that 256gig was not enough memmory. Sorted by down-loading an older driver (not 32bit).

Then while I was waiting for a parcel delivery (thank you again CBS) I assembled some bar stools that the wife had bought.

Still no delivery, so I made up the batter mix for tonight. Looks like I am going to do a lot of tossing tonight (pancakes, what did you think I meant).

12:30 still no delivery so I crashed for about an hour then the door bell went. I now have flexible hose between filler and tank (with necessary SVA paper work).

So then I went to bed. AT LAST.

Just drooping off (14:35) when my mobile rang.

'Hello is that Clive, its Allan here.
I've got your paper work here in front of me, so how about the 23rd or 24th.'

"The 23rd will be fine."

'Ok then we will see you at 08:30 on Monday the 23rd of March at Nottingham then.'

SO, that's me done trying to sleep today then. I'm toworried/hyper now.

Oh and I'm only on here at the mo cos I'm waiting for some epoxy glue to go off.

PANIC TIME...............................................

Paul (Notts)

posted on 24/2/09 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Had my SVA at Nottingham. Allan did everything possible to help me pass first time. Including fixing an oil leak from the pump.

Good luck

Steve Lovelock

posted on 24/2/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent, that gives you plenty of time to cr*p yourself and drive your family, friends and anybody you come into contact with mad!

Tee hee

rusty nuts

posted on 24/2/09 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Loads of time! Who need sleep? No pressure , we expect a first time pass.
jollygreengiant

posted on 1/3/09 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Ok then, I've tried to be busy, sometimes failing but this is progress to date.

First of all be concentrating on getting bonnet fitted & finished (apart from minor blemish & final cleaning) & this has meant getting busy with the latest creation with the help of the usually Ally Guru Trev D. As I have my exhaust exiting over the top rail that meant a cut out in the bonnet, so to try and keep it neat looking and to aid the exit of extremely hot air out of the engine bay (as well as protecting from the major cause of vehicle fires - brake fluid contact with manifold) I asked THE Trev to make me a 2 piece cover that finished up like this.
exhaust heat shield 1
exhaust heat shield 1

and
exhaust heat sheild 2
exhaust heat sheild 2

This gives a bonnet line looking like this
OS bonnet & shield
OS bonnet & shield

and from the rear
[img]http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/01032009131.jpg[img]

I have also finished bits at the rear, Boot cover
Boot Cover Finished
Boot Cover Finished

and fuel filler
Fuel Filler cap finished
Fuel Filler cap finished

oh and interior gaiters now fitted, just want tweeking
Gaiters Fitted
Gaiters Fitted

So this afternoon I started looking at front wheel arches, however, with the tyres that I shall be fitting (same as what is already fitted but 45% ratio, I am convinced that they just aren't going to look right, so I think I shall have to order some wide ones from Carbon mods.
'edit bit' - Just ordered the wheel arches they will be here on Friday.

Now its time for food & then sleep followed by work and more thinking about options tomorrow after work.

[Edited on 3/3/09 by jollygreengiant]

wilkingj

posted on 5/3/09 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Remember to make the mudguards cover the right areas, and if they done (like mine didnt) make some mudflaps like I did...
I really must change them for some nicer ones.

Also the flaps help when it rains or there are wet roads... It reduces the amount you get all over you!

Good Luck with the SVA

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jollygreengiant

posted on 10/3/09 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmmmm Bling

Get yer sun shades on.

Fitted the Front wheel wings today.
Nearside Front wing
Nearside Front wing

and
Offside front wing.
Offside front wing.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.