Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK BEWARE
ReMan

posted on 11/4/11 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
As a satisfied (albeit 5 years ago) MK customer, but empathetic to the complainant of the service they have received, I really hope that a Flak or Eddie type does not get involved.

Personally I found that, as in the case of GTS, this approach to be more embarrassing and evidential of really serious customer service issues than the airing of the first party complaints, and only adds further weight to the evidence that the company, whilst having good practical/product offreing, is sadly lacking in administration or management rescourse
I hope that makse sense

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

MikeFellows

posted on 11/4/11 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noc231073
Yeah You might be right that there is only 1/2 dozen or so complaining but it looks like were the only one building cars at the moment??
I pose this question,who here on this forum that is currently building an Mk at home is happy with the service they are getting from Mk????
Simple question it should be a simple answer

Currently Building a Indy-R - everything ive ordered has been pretty much on time (my kit was a week late). no issues with them at all, infact the exact opposite, they have been more than helpful.

bi22le

posted on 11/4/11 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
I really was not going to post or add anything to this as I have had no dealing with MK, but .. ..

My only thought is that I wonder if this is similar to how my company was when it first started out. I work in a manufacturing \ design company that makes rehabilitation equipment. The company is lead, directed and shapped by engineers. We love the tech side and only do the customer facing becasue its good company business. If you get a couple of dedicated non tech people to deal with the customer service and facing roles it makes a great balanced team. Engineers that can concentrate on the company and the products, customer service with little tech interest but great with people. Maybe this balance is missing.

I wish all the best of luck with this situation. MK are big players in this industry and they have the scope to give the locost part of the industry a bad name. Be professional with your company name and be proud of your produce from your company.

Roll on the summer,

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

mad-butcher

posted on 11/4/11 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
I've always had great service off MK once under Martin and once under phil & baz, Whoops think I've phrased that wrong.
I don't know the reason Charlie left but he built some great cars and was always on here with help and IF anyone had a problem it would be sorted there and then. Good luck to Danny with his racing but t he one thing I don't like is a company (any) bragging about their racing cars/bikes when customer services are shite, just proves to me that proffits are being allocated to the wrong area.
I am and will always be a big fan of the MK as a trackday car it handled as if it was on rails it was only when I decided to register it that self centering became an issue . A lot of the crittics of MK may not be aware that THEIR chosen manufacturer actualy got into the game by purchasing an MK off Martin and then blatantly copying the whole thing. the longer serving members of this forum know this for a fact.

tony

and before mr punctuation starts I really couldn't give a fcuk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
A1

posted on 11/4/11 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
and before mr punctuation starts I really couldn't give a fcuk

ace!

jossey

posted on 11/4/11 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
well this is fun.

I have just shown this to my mate who is saving up for his turnkey from them.

Its a shame they get such bad feedback as the indy does look lovely and is such a nice car....

anywho least i might be able to pursade my mate to buy a lambo replica now instead.. lol

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeFellows

posted on 11/4/11 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad-butcher Good luck to Danny with his racing but t he one thing I don't like is a company (any) bragging about their racing cars/bikes when customer services are shite, just proves to me that proffits are being allocated to the wrong area.

these cars are sold on the back of their racing performance. without those race cars they probably wouldnt have a business.

[Edited on 11/4/11 by MikeFellows]

omega 24 v6

posted on 11/4/11 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

THEIR chosen manufacturer actualy got into the game by purchasing an MK off Martin and then blatantly copying the whole thing

Lets be honest they are all copies of chapmans albieit changed to some degree. MK did not have the monopoly on this many copied them to a degree.

quote:

these cars are sold on the back of their racing performance. without those race cars they probably wouldnt have a business

Maybe so, BUT its should only be done using time and money to go racing AFTER all your customers are happy.
IMHO of course.
I feel for the original poster because for him to come to the mainland and sort this out would cost him I'd say £500 plus in time/flighjts hotels etc. most of the loical guys would do this face to face in the workshop and to be fair it'd probably be sorted out PDQ. the telephone and email is a great way of fobbing folk off. I see it at work everyday from many companies.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

shorts

posted on 11/4/11 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
quote:

THEIR chosen manufacturer actualy got into the game by purchasing an MK off Martin and then blatantly copying the whole thing

Lets be honest they are all copies of chapmans albieit changed to some degree. MK did not have the monopoly on this many copied them to a degree.

quote:

these cars are sold on the back of their racing performance. without those race cars they probably wouldnt have a business

Maybe so, BUT its should only be done using time and money to go racing AFTER all your customers are happy.
IMHO of course.
I feel for the original poster because for him to come to the mainland and sort this out would cost him I'd say £500 plus in time/flighjts hotels etc. most of the loical guys would do this face to face in the workshop and to be fair it'd probably be sorted out PDQ. the telephone and email is a great way of fobbing folk off. I see it at work everyday from many companies.

Just been talking to a freind of mine he ordered a complete exhaust system for a 1942 gmc 353 american ww2 truck it arrived in guersey in 9 days, makes you wonder.

snoopy

posted on 12/4/11 at 07:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

quote:

well the first one is 100% true
and would agree with the second
the third one isnt as under martin we only had a demo car and never raced it and we sold alot more then than mk sports do now
personally i think tony is right it needs much more focus on customers and shows and service and less on racing
as no customers no racing .as to the about just being engineers bit its not true they have been in business long enough to get this sorted it was when i was there
and if they cant then they should hire someone who can

mistergrumpy

posted on 12/4/11 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
I don't understand that first bit. Are you saying that there was Chapmans Lotus and then MK and every other manufacturer just bought an MK and copied it all from them?
omega 24 v6

posted on 12/4/11 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
I think what he means is MK built a modified locost by uncle Ron who copied lotus and then everyone else copied the altered MK.

Well thats my take on what happened with ALL sevenesque motors. ( they are all derivied from the original lotus by chapman )

Triton

posted on 12/4/11 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
I would say the reason there are so many 7's available is more to do with Uncle Ron's book. The Locost shares some Westy bits, which shared some Caterham bits so at the end of the day they are all copies in some form or other.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

mistergrumpy

posted on 12/4/11 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah they're all copies. It's a pretty bold thing to say that basically every 7 except Caterham and Westfield maybe has derived from an MK.
A1

posted on 12/4/11 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
just my 2p, but I THINK this threads gone slightly off topic and gone on slightly too long to be of any good to the guy who started it...
omega 24 v6

posted on 12/4/11 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Ooops so it has.
Apologies to original poster and good luck sorting things out.

ReMan

posted on 12/4/11 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
just my 2p, but I THINK this threads gone slightly off topic and gone on slightly too long to be of any good to the guy who started it...

I don't really care.

To my mind too many threads get closed/truncated because they go off topic a bit.

I'm still interested in what's being said, right or wrong, that why this is a discussion forum.

And you cant just start a new thread, in the "right" forum, whichever that is? to discuss the differences or similarities of MK - Westerham etc, it would'nt happen

My 3p

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

shorts

posted on 12/4/11 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:
Originally posted by A1

I don't really care.

To my mind too many threads get closed/truncated because they go off topic a bit.

I'm still interested in what's being said, right or wrong, that why this is a discussion forum.

And you cant just start a new thread, in the "right" forum, whichever that is? to discuss the differences or similarities of MK - Westerham etc, it would'nt happen

My 3p

Just an update still not getting any answers from M K i think i'm going to have to cut my losses and get somone else to make one, my problem is could any one make one without having the car there, as you are talking around 2k to get it over there on a trailer etc. and if i have to pay that then i will just put it up for sale as is and lose a sh*t load of more money, the ironic thing is that i sold my perfectly good indy blade to have the experience of building one for myself something i have always wanted to do. !!!!

40inches

posted on 12/4/11 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote

Just an update still not getting any answers from M K i think i'm going to have to cut my losses and get somone else to make one, my problem is could any one make one without having the car there, as you are talking around 2k to get it over there on a trailer etc. and if i have to pay that then i will just put it up for sale as is and lose a sh*t load of more money, the ironic thing is that i sold my perfectly good indy blade to have the experience of building one for myself something i have always wanted to do. !!!!

OK! Did you post to just bad mouth MK or to ask for advise?
If it's the latter then I can't give you advise, but I can tell you what I would/have done.

If I order parts that are in stock, then I expect them to arrive within 10 days, if they do not, I send the company a maximum of TWO emails and give them two days to respond, I then phone, if I am told a delivery time and the parts still havent arrived I phone back asking why!
Depending on the answer I will either wait until the next delivery date has past or proceed straight to the next phase.

I go to the local county court and pick up a pack of small claim papers,(you can now do this online, and download and print the papers) fill them in and send them to the company who are p***ing me about, with a covering letter giving them 7 days from the date on the letter(recorded delivery) to make a positive response or the papers WILL be served in the County Court.
The important thing is not to bluff, but to be prepared to carry it through AND carry it through.

In reality you would not have to make the last step, but you must be prepared to do so.
Of course you must be absolutely certain about the facts, if you are, I am afraid it is simply a case of put up or shut up.

In your position I would make Guernsey County court my first port of call ASAP.
You may or may not be able to instigate proceedings on line, from Guernsey, against someone in England, but I would think that you could.
I should just say that I have had good service from MK and don't have an axe to grind, I have always dealt with them face to face though, and only live 30 minutes away.

[Edited on 12-4-11 by 40inches]

carpmart

posted on 12/4/11 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
I think 40 inches offers good advice. IF you have explored all other avenues, then the small claims court process is there to provide you with a (relatively) easy resolution.

However - I'm amazed that MK have not tried to go the extra mile and solve this customers problems.

My perception of MK has changed significantly for the worse, based on their lack of response.

TBH - businesses fail every day, even when they have a great product, through not caring about their customers. If you apply logic to this, its easy to view it as high risk buying from MK. Would one really get involved in buying anything from a company who treats its customers in this way and is therefore 'at risk' else your 'hard earned' could easily disappear as the company goes down. Your half way through building your kit and BINGO, no more supplier

I find the whole situation amazing!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

shorts

posted on 26/4/11 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by shorts
ITS ALMOST 8 MONTHS NOW STILL NO EXHAUST MANIFOLD, YOU PAY THEM 8 GRAND AND THEN THEY P*SS YOU AROUND, PROMISES ALL THE TIME. 45 EMAILS SENT OVER A DOZEN PHONE CALLS, EVEN LAST WEEK I WAS TOLD THAT IT HAD BEEN SENT ASK FOR A COMPANY NAME AND TRACKING NUMBER AND TO NO SUPPRISE THEY IGNORE YOU, LAST WEEK I WAS ABOUT TO GET ZORSTECH TO MAKE ONE BUT AGAIN WAS LIED TO SO THATS ANOTHER WEEK LOST. THEY MAYBE BUSY BUT HEY FOR HOW MUCH LONGER IF THEY DONT LOOK AFTER THERE EXISTING CUSTOMERS.

ALSO MISSED OUT ON OUR FIRST HILLCLIMB EVENT SO NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR THE NEXT EITHER. MNR WILL HAVE THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEWN UP THIS YEAR.

Got a result
MK Have sent the original manifold back to me with a full refund, so at least i have something to work with, thanks to everyone for your support in this matter Great help.

Dave

mads

posted on 26/4/11 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
glad to hear you got it sorted. hopefully you can get it made somewhere else. I am also building a Indy R with a 07-08 R1 engine but not any where near needing a manifold else I would have offered to help.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

shorts

posted on 27/4/11 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mads
glad to hear you got it sorted. hopefully you can get it made somewhere else. I am also building a Indy R with a 07-08 R1 engine but not any where near needing a manifold else I would have offered to help.

thanks anyway, if i can be of any help in your build you only need ask, 08 r1 is quite abit different to the earlier ones.

Dave

designer

posted on 27/4/11 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
See, this forum does work.

BUT, it's still a huge failing by MK and I would not consider using them now.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.