Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Caterham hassle GTS
Triton

posted on 25/3/05 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
The Austin 7 wins my vote
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Simon

posted on 28/3/05 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pbura
I wonder if part of the appeal of the original Lotus 7 for you Britishers was because of the Austin Seven and some of the specials built from it.

[img]http://www.vieux-volants.com/Galerie%20photos/Swiss%20Classic%20British%20Car%[/img]

Britishers!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You yankers been making up words again

ATB

Simon

PS Darren, whatever - I hope it get sorted - in your favour!!

monkey69

posted on 28/3/05 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
What about using roman numerals then?

The GTS VII??

kipper

posted on 28/3/05 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
VII sounds too much like a German missile from the last do, The buggers bombed our chippy
locoboy

posted on 30/3/05 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
Or turn the VII into V2.............giving you

The GTS V2

Not to be thought of as quarter of a V8 though

ATB
Locoboy

britishtrident

posted on 30/3/05 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Interestingly Caterham always forget that they weren't the only company Chapman sold the Lotus Seven rights to there was at least one other company (in NZ) making official Sevens.
jcduroc

posted on 4/4/05 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
Interestingly Caterham always forget that they weren't the only company Chapman sold the Lotus Seven rights to there was at least one other company (in NZ) making official Sevens.

And Argentina, iirc

JCM

JamJah

posted on 13/4/05 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
Just found this thread again. On the trademarks I only found they had SEVAN and not in lowercase. Does case matter?
Darren, are you at liberty to say if youve heard any more? If you cant or would prefer not to I understand the situation.

RoadkillUK

posted on 13/4/05 at 01:54 AM Reply With Quote
Our car is a Bradford7, should I be in fear of the letterbox now?

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
carnut

posted on 13/4/05 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
I think you can copyright a number as the porsche 911 was going to be the 901 but this wasnt allowed as Pugs use the zero in the middle of there cars to designate that it is a pug.
dozracing

posted on 13/4/05 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
I'm at liberty to say what i like, because i shan't let them tell me what i can and cannot say about the situation.

As i understand it and according to the trademark information they sent me they own the rights to the word "seven" and the number "7" when used for a 2 seaters sports car of the clubman style.

There are probably loads of ways tog et round it, Forumla 27 for instance get away with it. How do you describe a clubmans style car, what if it had a childs seat in it etc..

At the end of the day they have more money than me, so it wouldn't even get to court, cos i would lose before it got there, but, i can make it to my advantage by gain publicity and credibility from it because Caterham obviously feel threatened by it.

Its funny that they are disturbed by the use of 7 in the car that i plan to use to rival the CSR, yet the wide version of the Locost "W7DE" they made no comment about at all.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Deckman001

posted on 13/4/05 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
why doesn't somebody like yourself, with products like you have (Bloody Good) start a whole new 'type' name ? I'm sure the whole industry would love to have another general type name for these cars and it would stick two fingers up to the owners of the old '7' and 'seven' names

Jason

ned

posted on 13/4/05 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Jason,

Not sure what you're suggesting would ever work/take off. Bit like building a cobra replica and calling it a python/snake/adder, bit silly imho and everyone knows what it's aspiring to be!

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

JamJah

posted on 13/4/05 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Are you allowed to refer to products in tag lines.
ie. GTS 8 - One up from a 7.
Or how baout calling it GTS Severn. Of course after its great power and reliablity(of tides). Publicity shots could be on the Clifton Suspension Bridge.

Naff I know. But I'm trying.

Deckman001

posted on 13/4/05 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah true, but a web browser isn't just called I.E it's a web browser, one make is just 'Explorer', there are others !
Ford don't own the name 'coupe' they have models that have a 'coupe' version,
we all know that aeroplanes are made by different companies, they all use a number to determine the size, class and type but they all make aeroplanes
Cars have wheels and seats, the 7 was Mr chapmans design of car, why can't the rest of the kit car market get together to name the class of car differently, only Caterham and their drivers would try to complain as the rest of the market would be known a something else and they would get forgoten over time !!!!!
Do you really think that westfield/dax/robinhood/luego,mk.. the list goes on.. would complain at having a new name type to get around the problem???

Jason

Not ranting, just trying to explain my thoughts

[Edited on 13/4/05 by Deckman001]

JamJah

posted on 13/4/05 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
ned, what i was trying to say in my zzz way was I can only find use of the word. couldnt find entry for number. but surely if they only have the word in caps then ypu can doi something like se7an but not as this is already identifiable. how close is close?
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.