Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Indy - poor performance
Paul G

posted on 31/5/06 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
Richi gets a gold star for the cocktail stick suggestion! I'll see how it behaves when I get the carbs back later this week, I know it will need tuning properly after that to be at its best but its like Chris says - it would be nice if we could find somewhere that is less than a 4 hour round trip. I've been out 3 times in my car now, for less than an hour at a time - and its broke down 3 times! At the moment I would prefer to stay close to home till the gremlins are banished...
G.Man

posted on 31/5/06 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
The mid range is the critical one, but as you say, if your guy knows his stuff he will know to richen it in the mid range... Top end then becomes important as you will be generating more heat with an efficient mid range...

As long as you check the plugs after a blast and they are tan-sooty then you are safe.. if they are spotlessly clean and look a bit shiny, beware...

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

RichieC

posted on 5/7/06 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
Just to chip in with this one. My R1 was running lean and was consequently missing at the top end (7k+). I had the filter off today and thought what the hell Ill try the cocktail sticks and see what it does.......completely tranformed it. The difference is staggering. It will still benefit from a jet kit but at the moment the thing is flying how it should.

If youre on stock jetting and have the same problem - give it a whirl. Is this hole left unblocked when fitting a Dynojet kit?

Top suggestion, thank you

Rich

[Edited on 5/7/06 by RichieC]

richijenkin

posted on 5/7/06 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
no. keep it blocked even when dynojeted.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RichieC

posted on 5/7/06 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Cool - ta. Am I right in thinking the one which dynojet say should be blocked with epoxy is another one down the throats?

Honestly cant believe there was such a difference from those holes.

Cheers

Rich

OX

posted on 5/7/06 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
it sounds like youv allready blocked off the one they surgest with your cocktail sticks,it could allready been dynojetted
RichieC

posted on 5/7/06 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
I thought the one they do is down under the butterflies somewhere. Mine definately hasnt been dynojetted as it had the brass caps over the mixture screws as set in the factory and the needles have only one notch on them. Also, the numbers on the needles are right out of the manual.

Interesting though that just this should make such a vast difference

Rich

[Edited on 5/7/06 by RichieC]

OX

posted on 5/7/06 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
was your engine an import
RichieC

posted on 5/7/06 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Not as such but it did come with a US loom and the same with the carbs as they had the brass blanking caps to prevent tampering of the mixture screws for emmissions regs. Rescued attachment plugcloseup.jpg
Rescued attachment plugcloseup.jpg

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.