Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: F1 2010 PS3
dan8400

posted on 12/10/10 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
F1 2010 PS3

I got this game at the weekend and it's AWESOME!! I cant leave it alone. Not a big gamer... usually fifa and grand theft auto, but im a big F1 fan and thought it'd be worth a punt.

To make my gaming a better experience I wondered if there is steering wheel / pedal set that is suited to this type of game. Which is best?

Any opinions welcome

Hey - That's Journey!!!

speedyxjs

posted on 12/10/10 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Cant help with your question but i also have the game on PC and have to agree, its absolutely brilliant!

Cant wait for the patch to fix the bugs

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Marcus

posted on 12/10/10 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
For the wheel, try to find a logitech G25, has 3 pedals and an 'h' shift gear control. They are discontinued now, but I've seen them on the bay for about 80 quid.

Marcus

Because kits are for girls!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lewis

posted on 12/10/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
+1 for the logitechs my mate has the g27 they are expensive but very good the g27 has sequential instead of H gate.
hobzy

posted on 12/10/10 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Another thumbs up for the logitech G25.

Also have 2010 on the PC. Brilliant graphics but not as sim realistic as GTR or Rfactor, however I'm enjoying it more! God Shanghai is hard!

omega0684

posted on 12/10/10 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
i've just come back from playing it on pete's geekbox and fell in love with it straight away. Going out to buy it tomorrow on for my PS3, bet its even better in HD!

^^^^^Edited: Me and pete have just done china, did it on medium level and we were force india! came first in the race with a best lap of 1:36:3..

[Edited on 12/10/10 by omega0684]

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
YQUSTA

posted on 12/10/10 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Logitech G25 for £80 you will be lucky more like £180 well £150 but even so thats for a second hand setup,it is the nuts though and without doubt the one I would have choose but at the price they are now fetching it's not worth it imho because the Logitech driving force GT is only £80 brand new from Argos.

This wheel only has 2 pedals, has sequential box but also some added extras, for instance in GT5P you can change the brake bias in game along with many other settings including traction control.

I don't know if this will be any use for F1 2010 but with GT5 coming out it will be for that.

With any of these wheels mentioned they are force feedback and with this you HAVE to have the wheel clamped down to a desk or a custom stand.

I made one in about 1 hour out of a bit of timber not painted yet but does the job a treat.

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

RK

posted on 12/10/10 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
I got a PS3 wheel and pedals as a present. Do they have to have PS3 to work, or will they just go into the computer? Haven't opened the box yet.
Liam

posted on 13/10/10 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
This actually any good physics/realism wise? Or is it like bumper cars on rails like most F1 games I've played?
hobzy

posted on 13/10/10 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Nowhere near the other sims like Rfactor or GTR/Race on, but miles better than the last few attempts. Some bugs to iron out over AI and pitstops especially if you do short races, but worth it just for driving in the rain. I have no idea how they do it in real life without constantly shitting themselves.

As for Shanghai, to defend my inability I have got the AI on hard and the ABS on but everything else off. Just find the first corner complex really tricky to get right - must have the gearing wrong.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.