Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help hayabusa BEC wont start
Iaing

posted on 26/7/12 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Help hayabusa BEC wont start

Hey folks, hope someone can help.

I've had my car off the road for about three weeks now to change the oil, clutch, springs and mod the clutch slave cylinder push rod (it was miles too long!). So its all back together now and wont start!

When you turn the key everything sounds normal, the dash lights up, the fuel pump primes but when the engine turns over it just wont fire. I checked the plugs and they are getting fuel (they were soaked when I took them out) I also get the F1 light flashing after a few seconds of it trying to start

Are these engines very specific when it comes to the voltage required (battery could be a bit flat) to provide a spark?

I haven't touched any of the electrics so am baffled as to what it may be. I've just bought some new plugs and am hoping this may be the cause.

Any ideas? Is there anything else I should check?

Thanks in advance

Iain

Mk Indy R - Hayabusa Power

twybrow

posted on 26/7/12 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Bike engines do tend to be sensitive to battery voltage. My last engine would sound perfect when turning over, but if the battery voltage had dropped, the ECU would not allow the spark to fire. Try a charge of the battery as your first solution.

I would be surprised if it was the spark plugs - if it worked 3 weeks ago, then at the worst case it might run rough if the plugs were a bit pants - I would not expect it to not run at all.

Iaing

posted on 27/7/12 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
Got to the bottom of this in the end.

Turns out what I think is the cable that runs to the crank sensor was disconnected, DOH! Plugged it back in and hey presto its runs.

Seems to idle smoother than before (might just be in my head) thanks to the un-necessary spark plug change!

Iain

Mk Indy R - Hayabusa Power

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.