Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brighton Police - too much money
Jasper

posted on 7/6/05 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Brighton Police - too much money

In the last two weeks I have seen two different brand new top of the range unmarked big merc saloons driven by police, both stupidly at irregular high speeds in town with no lights flashing.

What the f*ck that all about? Put 'em all back in Ford Anglia's and Sherpa Van's, that's what I say.....

And while I'm at it, there's a new unmarked Evo VIII on the M23 as well.

I thought the police were strapped for cash - maybe Tony's being too generous.

shortie

posted on 7/6/05 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
I've also seen the EVO, is it the silver one, I think there is also a black one, I saw one on the A24 by Horsham.

Rich.

Jasper

posted on 7/6/05 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Yup - silver one I saw
MikeR

posted on 7/6/05 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
eeek, better keep my eyes out then when working down there
dannyboy
Junior Builder

Posts 19
Registered 4/5/04
Location Hove

Photo Archive Go!
Building: rebuilding..again..caterham 7..150,000mile service

posted on 7/6/05 at 11:55 AM Reply With Quote
Yip...Spotted up near Hickstead the other day.....ahem...luckily I wass being held up at the time

Barstewards Wonder if the bloody council tax is rising this year

barrie sharp

posted on 7/6/05 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
they can afford a few toys with all the money they get from the speed scameras (opps spelling mistake) cameras.

the cars looking good" a blind man would be pleased to see it"
''stop press'' the blind mans seen it said "it felt ok"

Jeffers_S13

posted on 7/6/05 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
I agree ! why the hell do they need mercs and range rovers ? ? if they need cars that large with that performance get 2-3 yr old Japanese equvalents ! I'd prefer them to save £25k per car and have an extra bobby on the beat. The vehicle budgets must be ENOURMOUS.
tks

posted on 7/6/05 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
uhhh

don'we still win from the evoVIII??

or would it be a tough one??

maybe in corners??

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

Crazy Jay

posted on 7/6/05 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
When OX was on track in his busa i think he said there was a modified evo behind him that couldn't get past
In belfast, the police have Mitsubishi Galants VR4's Evo VIII's Impreza WRX's and even VW Golf R32's!! All unmarked!
A while back i was driving down the motorway when a Police Passat W10 went flying past doin at least 130. Feckin disgrace

[Edited on 7/6/05 by Crazy Jay]

simonH

posted on 7/6/05 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
Surrey are Worse

saw an unmarked BMW x5 explode into flashing blue lights near esher. you could not see if the police inside were in uniform or not as it had darkened side and back windows. didn't half shift though

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.

Peteff

posted on 7/6/05 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
A silver Vectra came through our 30 limit the other day doing stupid mph with the lights flashing and 4 white shirts inside, I think they were just in a hurry to get to court.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

donut

posted on 7/6/05 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Put 'em all back in Ford Anglia's and Sherpa Van's, that's what I say.....

Grumpy old man

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 7/6/05 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Theyv got some Jags round here. Also seen a plain clothes TT, octavia VRS. Essex police us the st220's with and without the pictures on.

They dont need them!

Where i used to have sax lessons it was oposite a kebab shop and chip shop. My lessons were on a sat lunch time and every sat at the same time a police car blue lighted to the shop got there dinner and blue lighted away!!

Saved there grub getting cold i spose!

[Edited on 7/6/05 by Danozeman]

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

jollygreengiant

posted on 7/6/05 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Trust me you ain't seen nothing till you've seen the Metropolitan police (unlimited) Grand-Prix.
Open to any vehicle with blues & twos crewed by a uniformed officer. Everyone decends from all directions (except one, the edgware road) towards Marble Arch and then heads off Up the edgware road at best possible speed on any side of the road.
Witnessed this event once (33 vehicles of EVERY type) and absolutely NO major incident reported at the time. Must have been the GP or do you know differently.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Mark Allanson

posted on 7/6/05 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
The scameras have given them such a cash surplace, gold plated truncheons next?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

omega 24 v6

posted on 7/6/05 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
WE've got the standard Rangies Jaggs And unmarked omegas up here. Soon i think there is going to be a vast changr in police policy.

All cars will be unmarked and we will still know which ones they are.

They will be driven erratically and at great speed for no visible reason and we'll all say who the f++k was that.

A week later you'll know who it was cause the local papers will tell you Who it was, what the speed was, where they were allegedly going (pie shop) and how much they would have been fined and points given if they had been you or me.

ned

posted on 7/6/05 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
bit that scares me the most is coming out of euston station and trying to cros the ueston road in town. the fully marked 5 series beemers go the wrong way up the euston road - do you know how busy that is! also the fire station is right on the same junction and i have on occassion seen marked police bikes go straight across the euston road without stopping, they must have death wishes i recon.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
niceperson709

posted on 7/6/05 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
Over here in OZ all police forces buy their cars tax free and after a certian milage they sell them at auction to the public usually at a profit . I would be very suprised if the UK police do not do something similar ,So when they buy it PAYS them to get the flash stuff because it will have beter resale than the more mundane.
best wishes
Iain

Best wishes IAIN
life is not the rehearsal , it's the show so don't sit there thinking about it DO IT NOW
http://iainseven.wordpress.com/

shortie

posted on 7/6/05 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
For info you can tell the Silver EVO VIII in West Sussex as it has a normal long type number plate but it is to one side of the bumper to allow air into the intercooler.

Most EVO's tend to have a square number plate in the same position.

HTH,
Rich.

Kelvin

posted on 8/6/05 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
Sussex are now using C class estates as traffic cars and have some unmarked C class coupes as well. Mostly in Silver. there's also a few dark blue mercs and VW's. Most are now being fitted with number plate recognition as well.

They don't own them, they're leased and the cost is very very small. Much much less than Joe public can lease them for.

Saying that, it does cost 15k to convert a Sherpa into a meat wagon. That's on top of purchase price.

ayoungman

posted on 9/6/05 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
When I used to drive lorries for a living, the cops used to have a Porsche 928 on the M25. Used to see it regularly when the motorway was first opened. Apparantly, at night, people used to race around from Dartford and do a complete lap (110 miles). They needed something tasty just to catch'em ! The quick cars could do it in under 50 minutes !

"just like that !"

James

posted on 9/6/05 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ayoungman
Apparantly, at night, people used to race around from Dartford and do a complete lap (110 miles).

Used to?

I have a mate who worked for a Ferrari garage where they still do!

The cars obviously need a test run after any major work!

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.