Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA passed - Registration info needed please
Paul G

posted on 20/2/06 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
SVA passed - Registration info needed please

Hi all, passed my SVA last week (MK Indy R1) and now I need to sort out the registration. I cant find the direct phone numbers for either of my local offices (Nottingham or Shrewsbury) - does anyone have them? The only ones I do have go through swansea and they arent very helpful. The SVA man said the Notts office can come out to check your car and issue the reg, although stoke might be too far away he said it was worth calling them to see. I never had a build up inspection before the SVA and made up my own chassis number so can I just book an appointment at these offices and turn up or do I need to fill in forms like the v55 first?

And there was me thinking all the hard work was done!!

Paul

shortie

posted on 20/2/06 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Best bet is to actually go to the office, you cannot get a direct phone number, only possible chance is getting Swansea to fax them your details and ask them to contact you but in truth the only way to be sure is to go there yourself which is what I did.

Rich.

Paul G

posted on 20/2/06 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
I know that probably would be the best option but its 40 miles away - Dont want to pay to get my car trailered there and then them turn me away saying I need to send off for forms, why on earth dont these places let you ring them to check what is needed!!
shortie

posted on 21/2/06 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
You may be able to get Swansea to fax them, worth a go anyway. They will ask if you have sent your local office the forms, why not trying saying, 'yes, I sent them on 2nd February and have heard nothing' and insist they get the office to ring you back. I seem to remember them saying they had sent my details to the local office and asked them to phone, when they didn't call I phoned Swansea again 2 hours later and complained again, then after another two hours and eventually the local office rang me.

If you do visit then I would visit without the car first as they often have specific times for kitcar inspections.

I'm afraid it's just that the DVLA system is useless, everyone has the same problem.

Rich.

Paul G

posted on 21/2/06 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers shortie I'll give your suggestion a go, hopefully be able to speak to someone helpful by the end of the day!
wicket

posted on 21/2/06 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
There are some what appear to be direct DVLA office telephone numbers here.

http://www.newreg.co.uk/wanadoo/services/vehicle_registration_offices.html

DarrenW

posted on 21/2/06 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
I wrote to my local office and they phoned me back the next day. I then had their number on my mobile phone.

Paul G

posted on 21/2/06 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
OK the shrewsbury office gave me a call (01743 267070 if anyone needs it!), Apparently I have to post off the v55, insurance docs and even my newly issued MAC certificate that I was handed on passing the SVA. They wont accept photocopies of these and I cant just take them with me when I show up with the car, they need them beforehand.

They are going to post out the forms to me along with a full list of what they need... I thought I could just turn up and get my reg and only wanted their number to book an appointment - didnt realise I had to do all this shite first!!!

Cheers for all the info, I'll get her on the road soon....

Paul

DarrenW

posted on 21/2/06 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
It does sound like a ball ache but to be honest the forms are easy enough. The main downer is the time it will take - i bet you are itching to get out there. Insurance company will also be on your back for reg number no doubt.

I was lucky that i was able to get inspection at home pre-SVA. It still took a few days from posting forms to getting number. Stick in there, you will be done soon.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.