Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: innacurate r1 rev counter
zxrlocost

posted on 22/5/06 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
innacurate r1 rev counter

hi my rev counter on my r1 works but is innacurate it reads 9k when really its 7k

and about 2k when its 1k rpm

anyoe any ideas

ta chris

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

DIY Si

posted on 22/5/06 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
Interference from somewhere?
Oh, how sure of the real revs are you, and how are you measuring this?

[Edited on 22/5/06 by DIY Si]

zxrlocost

posted on 22/5/06 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
SVA bloke had two machines on it today
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

DIY Si

posted on 22/5/06 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
So prob quite accurate then! Does the wiring for the rev counter come anywhere near another high freq wire.
zxrlocost

posted on 22/5/06 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
ill have a look mate it only seems to have gone innacurate since we adjusted the carbs

ta chris

Paul G

posted on 23/5/06 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Chris - there is no guarantee the SVA machine is accurate, the tester used 3 different ones on mine and from them he swore the engine was at 3000 rpm, he left it like this for about 15 mins while trying to do the emissions, even though I said his readings were incorrect. Now my aftermarket rev counter was indicating 9000 rpm, the engine was screaming its nutsack off and the manifold was glowing red, it was only when the side of my car started to melt that he finally agreed with me. During his lunch he went home and got a multimeter which he ended up using and it was far more accurate.
Crazy Jay

posted on 14/3/07 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Hello all, having a problem with my rev counter also. It reads for a second or two then shoots up to 10k rpm! The revs of the engine dont change, just the reading. Any ideas? Could this be interference?
Ta

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.