Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: R1 Indy - No neutral when hot
Paul G

posted on 17/7/06 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
R1 Indy - No neutral when hot

Morning all,

Another problem with the car, its fine at first but once I've been driving for 10 mins if I come to a halt in traffic it sticks in whatever gear it was in (1st or 2nd) and I cant get it into neutral. Its a right pain in the arse as I have to sit there with my foot on the clutch for ages. If I turn the engine off, get outside and push the car backwards or forwards while pressing on the gearstick it pops into neutral.

Any Idea what the problem could be? It never used to do this, I've fitted a new clutch and put in new engine oil but it still does it. The Oil is just above the window on the engine so I think I've got the correct amount in.

Cheers

Paul

zxrlocost

posted on 17/7/06 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
paul its most likely if youve got a shorter selector shaft

mine is exactly the same

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Paul G

posted on 17/7/06 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Hi chris, its just wierd that it never used to do it and its only recently started it. Also the fact that it only does it when its warmed up. I've finally got the brakes sorted and now this issue is just spoiling the car, theres that much traffic on the road that I'm on the clutch most of the time round here.

Snoopy when you say clutch adjustment do you just mean adjusting the cable or is there something inside the clutch itself that needs tweaking?

[Edited on 17/7/06 by Paul G]

zxrlocost

posted on 17/7/06 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
ok try what snoopy says
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Paul G

posted on 17/7/06 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Snoopy I'll have another look at the linkage - I was a bit wary about pulling the clutch out too much as I have already flipped the plate over once before doing that!
Coose

posted on 17/7/06 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
snoopy - I've found you some of these which I think you've lost.

Spin 'er off Well...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.