Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike engines Kawaszaki ZX10r
JIZZSTER

posted on 25/5/08 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Bike engines Kawaszaki ZX10r

Just bought a nice ZX10r engine, Kit on order anyone. Anyone know any really good engine tuners in the south east the closer to Essex the better I could have it tweaked prior to installation?

thanks Rescued attachment mac engine.JPG
Rescued attachment mac engine.JPG

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
worX

posted on 25/5/08 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there,

I've noticed a couple of your previous posts regarding tuning of the engine.

A couple of people have tried to suggest that the engine will probably be enough for you in it's standard guise if you are new to kitcars, especially bike engined ones.

However, if you have the budget to modify an already highly tuned engine and you definitely want more power then there are only two steps forward in my opinion. Turbocharging & Supercharging.

On top of that there is only one bloke that springs to mind and he would be more than happy to speak to you about it in great length even if it didn't mean getting a job out of it.

The guy's name is Malc and he runs MB Customs. His website is http://www.mbcustoms.co.uk and his number is 01323 743733.

He's a great bloke and a wizard on turbo bike engines...

Enjoy

Steve

nitram38

posted on 25/5/08 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Please resize your photo before posting.
I am having trouble getting onto my 42" plasma!

Paul TigerB6

posted on 25/5/08 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
Have you been out in a standard ZX10R (or any other bike) engined car yet?? Baffles me why you are so determined to tune an already mental and highly tuned engine.
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 25/5/08 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
Go to Mistral Performance, Rochford (Southend). Rob will create something you'll not believe, neither will anyone else.
JIZZSTER

posted on 25/5/08 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
no i have not perhaps I am underestimating it like I said new to all this
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul TigerB6

posted on 25/5/08 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Trust us when we say these cars are pretty balistic even with a standard engine. Add to the very high performance you are sitting really low and very exposed without a screen / doors etc and they feel a whole lot faster again. If you are serious about tuning then as said the only really sensible way to do it is turbocharging or supercharging which could cost thousands to do properly. This still increases the strain on gearbox and running gear etc so fair to say it could be less reliable.

A standard ZX10R powered car is going to give you around 400bhp / ton. A Porsche 997 GT3 is 298bhp / ton in comparrison.

eccsmk

posted on 25/5/08 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
a friend of mine thought these bike engined cars would be slow so i took him to MK and he was taken out in a selection of cars
on the way home he said just how amazed he was at the performance
also check out the vids of paul fisher he has a zx10 powered MK
linky

[Edited on 25/5/08 by eccsmk]

eznfrank

posted on 25/5/08 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
As above, it's going to be RAPID in standard form anyway, only a few production cars currently on sale for well over £100k will even come close in the acceleration stakes.
ChrisGamlin

posted on 25/5/08 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
Leave it as standard, apart from anything else as a builder / BEC owner with little experience (as you admit yourself you are), there's a small but real chance that you could end up doing something with the engine install that may cause a problem with the engine and even blow it up, such as a badly installed baffle plate, a loose pipe or a poorly designed cooling arrangements etc.

I think most of us that have built a kit car will agree that it takes a little while to iron out all the annoying little bugs and make it really reliable, getting rid of little water leaks, finding which bolts work their way loose etc, so whilst you go through that process Id advise not having too much invested in the engine, just in case.

[Edited on 25/5/08 by ChrisGamlin]

BenB

posted on 25/5/08 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Leave it standard to begin with.

As already said it's good to fault-find the car once it's finished with a lowly 300Bhp/ton before going for even sillier power:weight ratios...

If you up the power from the off you may well find that either the car isn't ready for that much power yet or you're not

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.