Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bike engine cradle
eirekev

posted on 22/6/08 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
bike engine cradle

Is it possible to get cradles for a bike engine that will fit chassis built from specs outlined in the book??? Or will i have to make one myself
ChrisGamlin

posted on 22/6/08 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
I fitted a Stuart Taylor blade cradle when I first built my Locost, but I had to move the top diagonal chassis tube to match up to the two cradle arms, the one that runs from the top offside corner of the transmission tunnel to the front of the chassis just behind the top damper pickup.

I doubt you'll get anything off the shelf that will just bolt in, but if you're OK doing similar to what I did Im sure there's probably several options from places like MK etc.

twybrow

posted on 22/6/08 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Just make one yourself. The cost of buying one from the manufacturers, to then have to modify it, seems crazy. Just get some 1" tube, and get the welder out!

ChrisGamlin

posted on 22/6/08 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yup I should have said that really, when I converted the R1 I fabricated my own and it was just as easy.

FWIW I didnt need to mod the STM cradle for it to fit though, all I needed to do was leave the welding of the diagonal chassis tube until after I had the cradle so I could position it accordingly as opposed to exactly where the book has it.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.