Board logo

Matlock
ASH3 - 8/7/10 at 06:54 PM

We are going to matlock on sunday 11th july is there a nice pub there to meet.If anybody else is at a loose end on sunday feel free to join us lets hope the weather is still nice

nearly done - 8/7/10 at 07:08 PM

If your into real ale and good home cooked food you could try thr Princess Victoria on south parade,matlock bath.Only down side could be the parking it will be choc full of bikes!! Could try parking in the railway station car park.Sadly i wont be able to make it as a) the westy is still awaiting its bike carbs and b) its the British grand prix!!!

Have a good one,Sean

Peteff - 8/7/10 at 07:53 PM

Matlock guide, I hope your'e going on the bus if you're drinking

Barksavon - 8/7/10 at 08:20 PM

if you head out of matlock town centre keeping Matlock Town football ground to your nearside towards Alfreton you will pass The Tavern at Tansley then a couple of miles further out there are a couple of cracking country pubs and theyre within 4 or 5 miles of Matlock without the parking problems. Dont know road number off hand but look on map for Wessington and you cant go wrong, what time you going?

joemotion - 8/7/10 at 08:29 PM

i would pop up but got carb issues so off the road at the mo

Barksavon - 8/7/10 at 08:48 PM

where abouts in Derbyshire are you joe motion, recognise the Derby VOSA station in your photo archive, thats where i had my Avon done, the other photo's look familiar too, is it that palce with about 5 telephone masts, cant remember what its called but can see them from my place,

joemotion - 8/7/10 at 08:50 PM

Im from Derby city centre matey - the phot is Alport Heights which im sure you know not far from Belper. Its a nice little run up in the Avon.

Barksavon - 8/7/10 at 08:57 PM

Alport Heights is the place i was thinking, i'm from just outside ripley so not far away. Nice to know there's other members nearby, particularly Avon owners. If you need a 'chuck out' with anything to get back on the road let me know, it looks a top build from your photo's, i work in Derby so i'll look out for you

BenB - 8/7/10 at 09:20 PM

Doesn't someone on here have a chippy up that way? Fish and chips and petrol fumes. Match made in heaven.

fha772 - 9/7/10 at 04:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BenB
Doesn't someone on here have a chippy up that way? Fish and chips and petrol fumes. Match made in heaven.

That'll be me then
I'm sure i can manage some sort of discount
You'll just have to introduce yourselves when you get here.

I don't think it'll be too busy, later in the afternoon, there'ssome sort of girly ball game on the telly, that i'm sure will keep alot away
And of course there's some proper motorsport on too

This is my Chippy if your not sure,
It's right nextdoor to "Riva", which is a nice little pub, that you can sit on the front of, off the pavement, but i have been told that the Princess Victoria is good, now it has new management, but i drink very rarely, so i can't say from experiance.

Peteff - 9/7/10 at 12:55 PM

I've had chips from there

ASH3 - 10/7/10 at 03:16 PM

Aim to be there around 11 will look out for
any kits chip shop for dinner.

ReMan - 10/7/10 at 03:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
I've had chips from there

Me too, about 6 years ago!!

fha772 - 10/7/10 at 03:56 PM

See you all tomorrow then!!

fha772 - 11/7/10 at 09:00 AM

I'm off to open my Chip Emporium, see you soon!!!

ASH3 - 11/7/10 at 05:19 PM

Made it to matlock had a good time and lovely
fish and chips

fha772 - 11/7/10 at 05:31 PM

It was nice to meet you, shame I couldn't talk more.

The MK looked nice when you drove by.

cd.thomson - 11/7/10 at 05:33 PM

you must be talking about matlock bath, but matlock isnt quite so charming.

I should know, I have an ex from there