Board logo

novice track day
Ian Jones - 21/1/14 at 07:07 PM

Hi all

Anyone know of a track day that I could take my aries to, that has plenty of run off in case things go side ways and I can just spin out rather than into a wall etc.

anything around the Cambridge area would be good andaround May time.

thanks
Ian

eddie99 - 21/1/14 at 07:11 PM

Do Snetterton, great track, hard to hit anything, msv do well run novice days too

pekwah1 - 21/1/14 at 07:32 PM

Bedford autodrome isn't too far from you.
LOADS of run off, pretty much impossible to crash, pretty good circuit too!

matt5964 - 21/1/14 at 07:36 PM

Agree with both suggestions

we did a novice day run by msv and if was a fantastically well run event, we did cadwell as our first and only spun once at hall bends, awesome trrack well worth the trip

bi22le - 21/1/14 at 07:37 PM

I have been to bedford which has run off.

Brands offer great novice taster days where its retricted to cars that have done less than three track days. 20 mins for £25.

Its an MSV circuit so Bedford and others may also do it.

owelly - 21/1/14 at 07:57 PM

Blyton Park is good for not hitting stuff. You'd have to try very hard to miss the open spaces!!!

eddie99 - 21/1/14 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
Blyton Park is good for not hitting stuff. You'd have to try very hard to miss the open spaces!!!

I beg to differ, those cones are mega hard! Dont ask how i know....

loggyboy - 21/1/14 at 08:47 PM

Woodbridge is close, ive not done it but its an airfield so should good run off. Layout looks more interesting than some airfields.

daniel mason - 21/1/14 at 09:32 PM

id second the blyton call. its pretty hard to hit anything harder than a traffic cone!

Jon Ison - 21/1/14 at 09:37 PM

And you could make a day of it and make your first one sometime in March, few regulars on here will be there.

daniel mason - 21/1/14 at 09:51 PM

there will be a complete shed there though.so be-ware

carpmart - 22/1/14 at 04:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
there will be a complete shed there though.so be-ware