Board logo

Indy-Caterham Size Comparison
Ferrino - 18/9/12 at 10:54 PM

Does anyone have a link to a photo of a MK Indy R sitting next to a Caterham (the regular S3, non-SV chassis)? I'd like to compare sizes to see if the Indy is as huge as has been suggested. I appreciate that the Caterham is one of the smaller Sevens, but would like to see the difference for myself. Thanks!

snapper - 19/9/12 at 05:25 AM

The MK Indy isn't huge, the Caterham is small
Most if not all kitcar 7 's are roughly the same size exept the Luego which in my opinion is comically massive.
Seriously the Caterham is for little people like me

nick205 - 19/9/12 at 05:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
The MK Indy isn't huge, the Caterham is small
Most if not all kitcar 7 's are roughly the same size exept the Luego which in my opinion is comically massive.
Seriously the Caterham is for little people like me

To clarify that, the Luego Viento is an oversive 7 designed for V8 fitment. Their standard 7 is the same size as other 7s like MK, MAC#1, MNR etc.

The MK (and others) are certainly bigger than a Caterham, but well proportioned. Don't have any photos, but having parked mine next to a couple of Caterhams it didn't look especially longer or wider, just more substantial or less dainty...if that makes sense.

emwmarine - 19/9/12 at 06:27 AM

The Dax Rush is slightly bigger than the others. I love the styling some like it less so.

whitestu - 19/9/12 at 06:46 AM

A caterham would have suted me when I was 10, but now I feel like I sit on one, not in it!

[Edited on 19/9/12 by whitestu]

parkiboy - 19/9/12 at 07:36 AM

I'm only 5'7" I would have loved a caterham for that reason lol but they were a bit pricey for my liking, maybe in a few years :-)

TimC - 19/9/12 at 08:26 AM

Not an Indy R but essentially the same size as the non-R as far as I'm aware:
Rescued attachment 3cars.jpg
Rescued attachment 3cars.jpg

Rob WM - 19/9/12 at 09:37 AM

"Not an Indy R but essentially the same size as the non-R as far as I'm aware: "

The Indy R and Indy share exactly the same body panels :-)

aka Keith - 19/9/12 at 10:38 AM

IIRC my MK is a couple of inches wider, but unless you get up close and I personal cannot really tell the difference.

Cheers
Craig

ashg - 19/9/12 at 10:46 AM

Gbs zero vs caterham

Ferrino - 19/9/12 at 05:16 PM

Thankyou very much all!

RK - 21/9/12 at 04:21 PM

why don't you send over a caterham so I can see?