Board logo

Tiger Avon Wheel Size?
Four Litre - 7/11/11 at 10:29 PM

Firstly hi to everyone on here....can see me coming here quite a bit in the next few months!

I've bought a tiger avon, but needs a bit of work as it hasn't had the best start in life... I'm aware that the car should have either 14" or 15" wheels but mine has 13" - the fronts fit fine but the backs stand proud of the wheel arch (mounted on a sierra drum). I've been looking on eBay and seen quite a few ford wheels but am not sure of the correct size width and offset.

Should the wheels be staggered?

Any help on this would be most appreciated..

Cheers all.

laptoprob - 8/11/11 at 07:57 AM

They were offered to take 14" wheels which a good friend of mine has fitted but a little later they were offered with 15`s which i have and to be honest look much better.

You need 38mm offset or 35mm(mine) will do. 195/50/15 tyres.

There are loads of people who have fitted larger width tyres and modded arches etc but to be honest i use mine for track 60% and the grip is fantastic.

JacksAvon - 8/11/11 at 10:15 AM

If you intend racing the car stick with the 13" and find a set with the right offset, far better choice of rubber

Four Litre - 9/11/11 at 10:42 AM

Guys - cheers for all the info - as its going to be mainly for the road I will probably go down the 15" route.

Is there a particula width I should be considering for the wheel, Tyres are fine with 195/50/15 but what is the correct wheel size for a 35 offset?

Im really after the width?

[Edited on 10/11/11 by Four Litre]