Board logo

Tiger Loom
DaveFJ - 15/9/04 at 08:34 AM

OK this discussion was started in another thread but I thought it was probably best to start a fresh one......

First off let me apologise for the length of this post......

Been working through my Tiger loom labelling all connectoions to try and make life easier a little later on.......

I have been using the file from the yahoo tiger group which has been very helpful - so far!

I am now left with quite a few unidentified wires. The ones i have left to identify are below:

PLUG NEAR FUSE BOX - (wiper motor ?)
white
black
red
red/blue

MAIN BRANCH UNDER DASH (HAS 3 SEPERATE BRANCES)

BRANCH1 - (ignition ?)
brown
white
white/red

BRANCH2
green
lt green/black
twin green
brown/lt green
red/lt green
blue/lt green

BRANCH3
lpurple (long) - horn ?
black
green/white - indicators ?
blue
lt green/brown - indicators ?
green/red - indicators ?
blue/red
blue/white

NEAR RADIATOR - (rad temp switch ?)
black/red
2 x purple

there are also a couple of odd wires near the dizzy connectors which don't seem to marry up with anything.

I have identified all circuits listed in the spreadsheet except the following (colours shown are those listed on the spreadsheet):

Rad fan switch (brown, red/lt green)
Coil (white, white/black)
fuel shut off valve (white/green)
choke switch (white/green)

Also I have noticed that there is no mention of indicators switches in the spreadsheet so i am guessing that these are in branch3 above.

apologies once again for the length of this post.....

Cheers

tigertom - 15/9/04 at 01:08 PM

I had the same problems but after a lot of phone calls to tiger I eventually got it sorted out.

tractorboy - 16/9/04 at 07:30 PM

try phoning the tiger london rep. hes a guy called richard on 0208 3178355 . very helpful ,pleasant chap.

Avoneer - 16/9/04 at 09:51 PM

www.thetigeravon.co.uk
I did a full legend to try and help everyone.
Pat...

DaveFJ - 17/9/04 at 10:37 AM

Pat
I have just checked and the spreadsheet i have used so far is the one you created (thank you very much)

Unfortunately i have 'found' almost every connector on your sheet and i still have the ones listed above 'spare'

Your effort is greatly appreciated though!

Cheers

[Edited on 17/9/04 by protofj]

DaveFJ - 17/9/04 at 10:48 AM

Cheers Scott
just phoned Richard and he has helped me a bit - now at least i know where to look!

DaveFJ - 20/9/04 at 03:10 PM

Sussed it !!

Although i had a copy of Pat's spreadsheet, I didn't have a copy of his diagrams showing the stalk switches... all sorted now

Cheers Pat - your a star