Board logo

Busa Cat
iiyama - 12/1/09 at 09:10 AM

Guys what should I be looking for in a Catalyst for a Busa? Anything in particular or dosent it matter?

If I fit one, will I need a Lambda? If so what reads this? I have a standard ECU.

Thanks!

Jason Fletcher - 12/1/09 at 10:38 PM

Why do you want a cat? for SVA? If so then you won't be needing a lambda unless you want a wideband sensor which can help no end along with your power commander with setting up the fueling.
jason

iiyama - 14/1/09 at 12:13 PM

Yes indeedy, SVA looms, less then three weeks to go!

Been getting more and more concerened about the emission side of things but might have sourced a system now that has a CAT in. Little bit of welding and fettling and it should get me through SVA.

SO taking things to their logical conclusion then, can you fit a lambda to s system without a CAT and use it for tuning the fueling??

lococost - 14/1/09 at 05:54 PM

Yes you can, you will still need a cat for SVA, but you can take the cat out afterwards, and still use a closed loop lambda system afterwards. This has the advantage that you'll never need to do a rolling road setup. Just fill in what kind of air to fuel to ratio you like and the system regulates everything on the fly. Change your airfilter or exhaust and the system automatically makes sure your air to fuel ratio will remain at its optimum.

I've got one of these for example: http://www.afrtuner.com/

iiyama - 14/1/09 at 08:32 PM

Happy days!
If I do go that route though Ill probably ditch the OEM ECU and fit a motec....