Board logo

spacing paddle shift and steering wheel out?
Kriss - 8/6/10 at 02:40 PM

Hi guys, in order to gain an inch or so leg room, I wan to space out my paddleshift and steering wheel.

I understand that spacing the wheel is just a bigger boss kit which i can get from tweeks, rally design or maybe even my GF dad who is an aerospace engineer to turn me one. However, Its the paddleshift i want to move.

I am sure it is a path finder kit. Has a sheath that covers the column, then has a pivot point where the paddles bolt onto a larger paddle.

the "handles" can be spaced on to elongated bolts, so i guess i could put a small tube spacer inbetween the actual handle and the pivot bracket?

or can I space the whole column sheath at all towards me>? pics in my archive

YQUSTA - 8/6/10 at 04:23 PM

By the looks of it all you will need is to make some spacer's from the rod ends to the paddle's.
The only problem I can see doing this is will it leave enough movment for the gear change to work properly.

YQUSTA - 8/6/10 at 04:27 PM

Looking again if the method above won't give enough movment in the paddle's then you could space the paddles out where they mount to the backing plate, that would eliminate the problem and is probably a better solution.

Kriss - 8/6/10 at 04:47 PM

Im thinking it would be good if I could just space the steerign sheath a inch closer to the seat. It currently bolts onto two elongated bolts on the scuttle rail of the chassis

sucksqueezebangblow - 11/6/10 at 10:33 AM

I made new paddles from 3mm ali, with two 90 degree bends in them so they bolt to the pivot plate, then bend 90 degrees towards the driver, then a further 60mm along the bend 90 degrees into position behind the wheel. I also fitted an OMP 60mm spacer behind the OMP steering wheel.

Flatshifter Sensor
Flatshifter Sensor

[Edited on 11/6/10 by sucksqueezebangblow]