Board logo

mk bec buyers help?
elf83 - 5/4/11 at 05:43 PM

Right people! I'm looking at an mk indy tomorrow with a gsxr k2 engine, I'm taking a mechanic with me so the car side of things is covered but im more after a buyers guide for bec engine sevens.

Cant find anything so don't know what to look out for, engine noise wise drive train etc not a clue here so could someone give me some advice or a link to a buyers guide?

Anything is appreciated!

eznfrank - 5/4/11 at 07:00 PM

If you have a link to the advert or a location and description of the car it may be known to members on here.

Hellfire - 5/4/11 at 07:02 PM

Whereabouts are you based?

Phil

jase380 - 5/4/11 at 07:08 PM

Try and get a test drive and make sure the gearbox is ok, not jumping out of second and third gear. expect it to be quite noisy, you get a fair bit of clunking from the prop/diff... mine did anyway !!. engine wise just check it like you would a car, sludgy oil, water, leaks , knocking and rattles etc.

elf83 - 5/4/11 at 08:15 PM

The ad As for the engine just the norm stuff then no problem. Oh and phil im in plymouth but am viewing the car in lancashire.

[Edited on 5/4/11 by elf83]

welderman - 5/4/11 at 08:41 PM

Where snouts in Lancashire. There's alot of us up here

austin man - 5/4/11 at 09:19 PM

MK ran a car in that livery on the track I think they have pictures in their archive Im not sure whether theirs was road registered.

elf83 - 5/4/11 at 09:54 PM

The car is in carnforth. Couldnt see any pics on the website, besides it would need a full rollcage for motorsport which it doesn't have.

austin man - 5/4/11 at 10:03 PM

the car they had was used for track days not racing, they have only recently gone into racing

elf83 - 7/4/11 at 07:41 AM

Dell i got her! Amazing! Driven fast cars before, impreza's elises etc but the way the bike engine deliers the power!! Love it!

Hellfire - 7/4/11 at 08:17 AM

Looks like you got that for a good price even if you didn't haggle the price down any further. Take it steady until you get used to the power and handling..... BEC's can bite........

Phil

elf83 - 7/4/11 at 08:19 PM

I will mate don't worry. Oh and i haggled him down a further 800 quid...