Board logo

engine change
brookie - 28/8/11 at 12:47 PM

right i think i tosted my blade engine and have now 2 options
1 there a bloke on here (neo2) selling an GSXR 1000 full engine package delivery miles only
question is what else would i need to put (and the cost off the bits)to put it in where the blade engine was
2 the next is i think a 919 re bored to an 947cc the 1 that andy b sold i now this will be a stright swap but i dont want to be rebuilding the engine evey 12 months and advice would be good

jase380 - 28/8/11 at 04:22 PM

stick a pinto in Brookie, you ll not blow one of them up !!

bob tatt - 28/8/11 at 04:48 PM

you mean you destroyed my old engine how?

neo2 - 28/8/11 at 10:50 PM

you will need an engine cradle from MK for the Gsxr or mod your blade one. you might need the sprocket flange for the prop if the blade one don,t fit, not sure of the spline type etc, and a exhaust manifold possibly and everything else should be there... remember the engine will come with the following parts as well..

Engine complete with all fueling etc etc
Full loom with all sensors and rectifier and regulators etc etc
Oil cooler and pipes
clock set
Ignition switch and key
Ecu and loom
Fuel pump and bodies etc
Airbox and assoc parts

Remember though you can sell all the blade bits to off set the costs like manifolds etc etc

Rob

spiderman - 28/8/11 at 11:46 PM

Personally I would go for the GSXR purely for the reason that it is near enough a brand new motor for not much money and comes with everything you need to make it run.

brookie - 29/8/11 at 07:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bob tatt
you mean you destroyed my old engine how?

think so yes m8 waiting for andy b to send me a sump plug

brookie - 29/8/11 at 07:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by neo2
you will need an engine cradle from MK for the Gsxr or mod your blade one. you might need the sprocket flange for the prop if the blade one don,t fit, not sure of the spline type etc, and a exhaust manifold possibly and everything else should be there... remember the engine will come with the following parts as well..

Engine complete with all fueling etc etc
Full loom with all sensors and rectifier and regulators etc etc
Oil cooler and pipes
clock set
Ignition switch and key
Ecu and loom
Fuel pump and bodies etc
Airbox and assoc parts

Remember though you can sell all the blade bits to off set the costs like manifolds etc etc

Rob

take it am going to need a power commando as well

[Edited on 29/8/11 by brookie]

probablyleon - 29/8/11 at 08:03 AM

Surely a straight Blade transplant would be much simpler/quicker and almost certainly cheaper. And whilst it sounds like you've had a bit of bad luck with yours, they're probably one of the most tried and tested BEC installations out there. I'd definitely just pick up another Fireblade motor, bolt it in and enjoy what's left of the summer.

bob tatt - 30/8/11 at 06:34 PM

That was the second engine I had the first got destroyed when j hit some debris and it punched a rather large hole in the sump seized in about five seconds
When that happened I got a full engine for about four hundred and me and a
mate swapped it jn an afternoon, then changed to busa power took me nearly three months to swap it there are lots to change from carb to injection extra fuel return more wiring clocks if you running the blade clocks it all adds upto a lot of work I'd bang a blade back or take it off the road and spend the winter on it and get it spot on be careful about oil suge the blade doesn't really suffer from it but lots of bike engines do so research it first then get it all on place and you will be fine.

And good luck

andyfiggy2002 - 30/8/11 at 07:13 PM

excuse me if im wrong but i thought fireblades were bullet proof with baffle plate & good oil, ive had my 893cc in since 2004 when i built the car without any probs, im sure andy bates will concur

brookie - 31/8/11 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andyfiggy2002
excuse me if im wrong but i thought fireblades were bullet proof with baffle plate & good oil, ive had my 893cc in since 2004 when i built the car without any probs, im sure andy bates will concur

there engine are bullet proof m8 but nowt work when there no oil in it lol

TimC - 31/8/11 at 10:45 AM

What diff are you running? That might sensibly rule out the Gixxer.

brookie - 31/8/11 at 02:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
What diff are you running? That might sensibly rule out the Gixxer.

running 3.62