Board logo

leeds DVLA - can I register in person?
FASTdan - 2/4/09 at 01:07 PM

We've managed to get a retest for tomorrow on the MK and I was wondering if we called into the leeds DVLA office afterward we might be able to register and tax there and then?

We've had the chassis no. inspection and will be getting age related registration and I am told (by them) that we dont need an MOT.

Anyone done this at leeds?

UncleFista - 2/4/09 at 01:36 PM

We did, it was 4-5 years ago though, it was far too simple and straight forward for a Government department. No doubt it's all changed

Although the last time I was at the DVLA in Leeds it was dead quiet, I reckon the reduction of new cars being registered is to blame. You never know

[Edited on 2/4/09 by UncleFista]

eznfrank - 2/4/09 at 03:06 PM

Unfortunately the kitcar bloke at Leeds DVLA left at the end of Jan and has been replaced. Not very straightforward (in my experience) nowadays.

Danozeman - 2/4/09 at 03:09 PM

If youv had the inspection already theres no reason why not. Just depends how co-operative the people are.

The DVLA seem to have been a bit better of recent.

carlgeldard - 2/4/09 at 03:58 PM

You'll be lucky to be on the road in six weeks with the Leeds office. They only inspect 2 days a week at the Stanley site by appointment only.

Carl

Jimbob - 2/4/09 at 05:10 PM

I did same day as my re-test with no probs at all!
I was sat by the door through to the back and a girl came out, saw me first and asked if she could help. Explained what i wanted to do, she dissapears for 10 mins then a guy at a window calls me over and job done!
Was well impressed!