Board logo

a few iva questions!
daniel mason - 23/12/10 at 09:23 PM

am getting to the stage where i need to start thinking about finalising bodywork,mirrors,lighting etc! so here goes;
1; are there any iva friendly mirrors which are cage/roll bar mounted? and a link if possible
2; are the twin hella type headlight units (as on the sdr storm) iva ok? and again a link please
3; is there any decent rubber edge trim for front arches etc as the stuff i had wont bend to a tight radius and just looks a bit crappy?
4; is there any alternatives to the ally/stainless fuel filler caps? possibly a bit cheaper.
5;can i use rubber fuel hose for the whole install or do i need to run copper then rubber at each end? and a link to iva friendly hose please.

thanks. dan

Talon Motorsport - 23/12/10 at 09:38 PM

Answer to question 4. not ali or stainless but IVA friendly,cheap and over comes the rear panel to tank problem.

Locking Fuel Cap & Angled Neck, Black ABS, Vented on eBay (end time 08-Jan-11 17:08:47 GMT)

Chippy - 23/12/10 at 11:26 PM

I have one of those, ^^^^, fitted, and apart from the weird way they lock and unlock, just great, and much less dosh than the ally ones. Cheers Ray

snapper - 24/12/10 at 06:57 AM

3. I used CBS rubber U channel stuck on with sikaflex/tigerseal
5. I used 10mm microbore copper central heating pipe and used marked rubber fuel pipe from Halfords to connect + the proper fuel clips

jrrsparky - 24/12/10 at 01:02 PM

Yes you can use rubber fuel hose for the whole install, acording to a supplier I asked at a kit car show trade stand.

Chippy - 24/12/10 at 02:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jrrsparky
Yes you can use rubber fuel hose for the whole install, acording to a supplier I asked at a kit car show trade stand.

But why would you want to, when copper pipe is so much better, cheaper, and doesn't leak when old like the rubber? IMHO. Ray