Board logo

Key info
omega 24 v6 - 20/11/07 at 07:27 PM

Hi hope someone can help me with this.
I need to get 2 keys for a flat made/cut/supplied. However the keys are security keys for the main door entry and the flat door entry. Each of the tenants of the block has a key which fits the front main door but only their flat door(as you'd expect).
The key has code words on it and" 2/2" I take this to mean key 2 of two keys??
Anyone I've taken it to says they can't/won't cut it cause they got a "Pat Protected by Law" and a makers name on them that I can't trace.
So how do I get a key??? Other than having to get a complete set for all the other flats as well (this ain't gonna happen).

tigertom - 21/11/07 at 12:46 PM

u'll need to get the lock manufacturers name and go straight to the supplier.it can be done but its not straight forward as there is a security issue.thats the jist of it.

matt_claydon - 21/11/07 at 02:33 PM

Patent protected key blanks can only be supplied by the manufacturer, you'll need to get in touch with them or an agent directly. Who is the manufacturer?

omega 24 v6 - 21/11/07 at 07:28 PM

Manufacturer is NT Laidlaw. I did a search last night and emailed 3 companies dealing with them and so far no replies

Confused but excited. - 21/11/07 at 08:19 PM

As a tenant, you should be able to get copies of them from your Landlord.

omega 24 v6 - 21/11/07 at 08:28 PM

Sorry should have said I'm the co owner and have 2 keys each of my daughters have 1 each and I'd like to have a spare just in case.

02GF74 - 22/11/07 at 12:25 PM

change locks?

if you can buy blank, then file out yourself, assuming it is Yale type key.