Board logo

competition and trackday insurance
daniel mason - 21/5/13 at 07:42 PM

ant ideas of a decent insurance company to cover a few trackdays,and possibly a few sprints/hillclimbs later in the summer? will also need to be insured for travelling on trailer and theft! cheers. non road legal car

rodgling - 21/5/13 at 08:59 PM

I've used Moris for trackday insurance, usually £75-125 per day depending on track.

40inches - 21/5/13 at 09:36 PM

If you are insured on the road with Adrian Flux, track insurance is £100 per day.

rodgling - 21/5/13 at 10:00 PM

Any idea if there are any insurers who give you (say) 5 free insured trackdays a year as part of your road insurance (presumably it would cost more but less than £500 more)?

bigfoot4616 - 22/5/13 at 05:10 PM

i don't think its worth it. at £100 a day i would of spent over £3000 on insurance since i got the striker.

when i started doing trackdays in a integra type R i was insured with greenlight and they offered trackday cover for £50 a day, i took it out twice and then stopped bothering.

markie t - 22/5/13 at 05:52 PM

mate of mine is insured with a company called competition insurance which he tells me gives him 5 free trackdays insurance a year, he just has to inform them when/where he is going as far as i know.

daniel mason - 22/5/13 at 06:23 PM

what would happen if i bumped an expensive car when i had no insurance?
id feel safer with insurance i think

welderman - 22/5/13 at 07:21 PM

I've seen cars removed from the track and left down the road from the venue. Then they claim on normal car insurance.

I've been unlucky a few times on track. It goes with the territory I suppose.

But they can be fixed

whitestu - 22/5/13 at 07:40 PM

quote:

Text what would happen if i bumped an expensive car when i had no insurance?

On all the track days I've done they state that all the risk is the drivers, so no claiming on anyone else's insurance.

Stu

adithorp - 22/5/13 at 07:54 PM

The track day policies I've seen also have very high excess.

daniel mason - 22/5/13 at 08:02 PM

So would you guys recommend not insuring at all?
do you guys take out track day cover?

welderman - 22/5/13 at 08:14 PM

Never had track day cover.

But it's all entirely your choice and wether your confident behind the wheel when the red mist comes down as soon as you get out on track

whitestu - 22/5/13 at 08:37 PM

Never had it either. Don't track it if you can't afford to risk trashing it!

:-)

Stu

ReMan - 22/5/13 at 08:47 PM

No blame no claim on trackdays, save for death perhaps
Just ask yourself if you can afford to lose your motor in flames
If yes then no insurance needed
If no, then your perhaps better staying away?

daniel mason - 22/5/13 at 08:51 PM

was more thinking if i were to smash into the aston DB9 which is on track at the same time! would hate to ruin someones car if it was my fault!
im confident and not bothered about my car too much

ReMan - 22/5/13 at 08:57 PM

No liability for others cars, save for a punch in the face if you drived like a cnut I suppose :-)

Aaron_n_Sim - 22/5/13 at 09:12 PM

A certain track in West Sussex had a tractor to tow you to the country lane near the entrance then you called the insurance company and told them you hit the bank!!!

[Edited on 22/5/13 by Aaron_n_Sim]

daniel mason - 22/5/13 at 09:19 PM

my car is not road legal and currently i have no insurance at all as 2gether wouldnt continue my policy with trackdays included

welderman - 22/5/13 at 10:06 PM

As I'm aware it's knock for knock. So don't worry and get out there