Board logo

Luso Motors still trading?
JekRankin - 21/12/09 at 02:04 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Luso Motors in Portugal are still operating? I want to order one of their paddle shifters and have sent them a few emails but have received no reply.

I also tried phoning the number on their website this morning, but it doesn't seem to work.

Cheers,
Jek

cd.thomson - 21/12/09 at 02:33 PM

isnt that the place that only sells 3-d models of interesting parts?

D Beddows - 21/12/09 at 03:43 PM

has anyone ever managed to buy anything off them? - they have some great ideas but that seems to be it......?

JekRankin - 21/12/09 at 04:31 PM

There's a chap on here (irvined) who bought one of their shifters. Says its a nice bit of kit, but delivery took a while.

haha I know what you mean though, there's a lot of renders of CAD models on the website of cool looking stuff, but not much else!

mookaloid - 21/12/09 at 05:57 PM

I'm not sure I'd be too bothered about trying to buy from a company with that level of customer service!

JekRankin - 21/12/09 at 07:21 PM

Yeah, I know it seems a bit daft to still be interested if they're not answering emails or phone calls, but I think their shifter looks great! :-)

JoaoCaldeira - 22/12/09 at 09:05 AM

Probably on holidays?
I've already bought from'em, took just a bit more to ship, but all was great!

irvined - 22/12/09 at 09:32 AM

My shifter was definitely worth the wait. Ernesto was generally pretty responsive via email (in the region of a few days.)

JekRankin - 22/12/09 at 01:34 PM

Thanks for the replies guys, hopefully he's on holiday!

I'll send another email after xmas, I'm in no great rush to get my shifter, so I don't mind having to wait a bit longer.

Jek

JekRankin - 8/1/10 at 10:41 AM

All sorted; got an email from Ernesto at Luso last week - they'd been closed over the festive season for a few weeks :-) Shifter now ordered!