Board logo

the age of man
STEADY EDDIE - 30/6/12 at 04:01 PM

Just noticed under my user name i'm listed as a junior member, what will the grandchildren think!!!

Xtreme Kermit - 30/6/12 at 04:03 PM

Mark Allanson - 30/6/12 at 04:15 PM

Actually, you are a 'junior builder', the 'junior member' title is reserved for another thing

clairetoo - 30/6/12 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
Actually, you are a 'junior builder', the 'junior member' title is reserved for another thing

Does that make me a `non member'

Mark Allanson - 30/6/12 at 04:21 PM

better than 'dismembered'

or was that CalvinX?

stevegough - 30/6/12 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by STEADY EDDIE
Just noticed under my user name i'm listed as a junior member, what will the grandchildren think!!!

Ignore all these joking 'southerners', neighbour! (Apart from Clare2, who was just stating fact!!).

In actual fact, you can alter the wording under your username in your profile. - how about 'not a Stobart' ?

Westy1994 - 30/6/12 at 05:24 PM

I don't mind being called a Junior, makes a change from 'old git' I usually get called....lol.

Just checked that profile thing Steve, I think if you are a paid member you are able to edit that bit, but for us poor folks we are denied , story of my life really.....

Hi there Eddie by the way, you are just up the road from me, about 20 mins on the A6 to be exact...

Rich

EDIT TO ADD

Oh look at that I am just a builder now, I was a junior last week I was sure of it

[ and then re-edited on 30/6/12 by Westy1994]

[Edited on 30/6/12 by Westy1994]

Wadders - 30/6/12 at 05:38 PM

Considerably.......now there was a member

stevegough - 30/6/12 at 06:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Westy1994
I don't mind being called a Junior, makes a change from 'old git' I usually get called....lol.

Just checked that profile thing Steve, I think if you are a paid member you are able to edit that bit, but for us poor folks we are denied , story of my life really.....

Hi there Eddie by the way, you are just up the road from me, about 20 mins on the A6 to be exact...

Rich

EDIT TO ADD

Oh look at that I am just a builder now, I was a junior last week I was sure of it

[ and then re-edited on 30/6/12 by Westy1994]

[Edited on 30/6/12 by Westy1994]

Nah, you just don't know how....

'Profile' button (bottom of your posts)
top right 'control panel'
top left (2nd box) 'edit profile'
4th line down - 'custom tagline'.

go for it!

Westy1994 - 30/6/12 at 08:20 PM

Checked that, nothing written about custom tagline. I have been admin on a few forums over the years, so I know profiles can be set depending on the level of user, maybe someone else who is not a paid member can please confirm that on this forum?.

Rich

Slimy38 - 30/6/12 at 08:27 PM

Nope, no custom tagline here for an unpaid member, despite having a decent amount of posts.

I seem to remember when I joined there was something about the tagline being in bold is a sign of a paid member, it does seem that only bold tags can be customised?

[Edited on 30/6/12 by Slimy38]

stevegough - 30/6/12 at 08:43 PM

Ok, looks like you are right! Though my status as a 'paid' member was gained by being a 'contributor' to the site (paypal button top centre) I think I once contributed a fiver.....well, you learn sommat every day.!

blakep82 - 30/6/12 at 08:53 PM

stop whinging about how people can't change it despite the number of posts not being able to change it, donate something to the upkeep of this great site, and all the info on it, then you can change it.