Board logo

Kit car companies around london
jamesbaa - 23/7/09 at 12:45 PM

Does anyone know of any kit car companies around london? im intrested in building a locost car but would like to see what there is around my area befor venturing up-north!

Also the car is going to be used for road and track use, iv been looking at the mnr vortex RT+ and the MK indy type R what are these like around track?

[Edited on 23/7/09 by jamesbaa]

Guinness - 23/7/09 at 12:51 PM

Caterham?

Sorry, only joking.......

Welcome to the site

Mike

jamesbaa - 23/7/09 at 12:53 PM

should add i dont have a huge budget hence why im looking at the indy and RT+!

donut - 23/7/09 at 12:54 PM

The most local one i know of is GTS who are in Kent. Fisher are also in kent somewhere.

GTS: http://www.ekmpowershop9.com/ekmps/shops/gtstuning/

Fisher: http://www.fishersportscars.co.uk/

bassett - 23/7/09 at 12:58 PM

I think for the best ones its all up north, made 3 pilgramages myself to MK, MNR and Tiger.

eddie99 - 23/7/09 at 01:03 PM

GTS is near canterbury in Kent....

richardh - 23/7/09 at 01:25 PM

unfortuantely the more local ones dont offer the same level of build quality.
my humble of course

omega0684 - 23/7/09 at 01:50 PM

DAX is in Harlow

Steve Lovelock - 23/7/09 at 02:29 PM

Tiger are in Wisbech in Cambridgeshire

jamesbaa - 23/7/09 at 02:47 PM

thanks for all the replies guy's, After a little more thinking and after reading other threads i think its going to be one of the mnr or the MK indy kit's!

What are these like around track?

zetec - 23/7/09 at 03:31 PM

Must be a few owners around London that you can visit. In some ways this might be better as you will get an idea of what the product is like to build and own, and get a good idea of build costs. Where abouts are you?

jamesbaa - 23/7/09 at 03:50 PM

Im in staines about 10 minutes from heathrow airport!

I think there was a meet on a week or so ago not far from me but i didnt no about it till to late

TimC - 23/7/09 at 04:22 PM

A shot out of left field(ish.)

AB Performance are a Raw Striker dealer and 2 hours 11 minutes away (thanks Google) from you.
http://www.abperformance.co.uk/

Andy and the Striker both come HIGHLY recommended.

richardh - 23/7/09 at 04:38 PM

there are a couple of mnr guys not far from you.

Georgem i think is essex
?? i think in surrey area too

post a thread in mnr section for local guys to maybe give you a ride or stories

same for the mk boys too for parity

JekRankin - 23/7/09 at 04:45 PM

Hi James,

BGH Geartech, who own the (Fisher) Fury are based in Kent and are having an open day on Sunday 23rd August.

They're also agents for the RAW Striker, I think.

GeorgeM - 23/7/09 at 04:50 PM

always willing to find an excuse for a run,
u2u if you want a spin

20mins from QE2 bridge

GeorgeM

davida - 23/7/09 at 06:32 PM

I had the same problem when looking for a kit but the trip to Sheffield was well worth it with Mac1. Pretty much all of my problems were easily solved over the phone - but do watch out when Mark answers the phone as you'll probably end up buying upgrades. ;-)

bob - 23/7/09 at 07:56 PM

Hi James

If your off work this friday 24th it might be an idea to pop along to the abingdon track day,plenty from here going so you will get a mixed bag to look at.

If you can get there take a crash helmet as i am pretty sure you will be able to blag a lift for a few laps

Other than that keep a lookout in clubs and events for local meets.

bob - 23/7/09 at 07:58 PM

linky

jamesbaa - 23/7/09 at 08:25 PM

i would have love to bob but unfortunatly i am working tommorow and i cant get a day off that quick, i see you live in ashford, what car do you drive and did you build it yourself?

bob - 23/7/09 at 08:31 PM

James do you recognise the car Rescued attachment P1000147.JPG
Rescued attachment P1000147.JPG

jamesbaa - 23/7/09 at 08:41 PM

I do as a matter of fact lol! Im planning on taking a road trip up to MK and MNR to have a little look around some of there cars soon! I think i may get into this soon than i thought i would.