mistergrumpy - 27/12/09 at 06:25 PM

1945 hours tonight.

pinto - 27/12/09 at 06:33 PM

Lets hope its better than the last few
It was one of my must view programs
But the last couple have been disapioting
Might be getting old

tomgregory2000 - 27/12/09 at 06:45 PM

Tonights one looks good, looks like they are doing an off road trip in cheap 4x4's in bolivia!!!

iank - 27/12/09 at 07:06 PM

Doing the 'Road of Death' by the looks of the trailers.
http://www.ssqq.com/archive/vinlin27b.htm

scootz - 27/12/09 at 07:06 PM

I can almost guess the content...

Getting Caught up in a Drug War
Driving Scary Roads
Threatened with Kidnap
Being Eaten by Jungle-Beasties
Other Staged Bolivian Stereotyping... etc. etc.

Probably not quite, but I guess I won't be miles off the mark!

scootz - 27/12/09 at 07:07 PM

Lol... you posted at the same time as me Ian - I've got at least one part right and it's not even started yet!

Benzine - 27/12/09 at 07:09 PM

you left out:

50+ similies
exaggerated incompetence
reference to hammond's height/teeth
sabotage of each others cars

mistergrumpy - 27/12/09 at 07:13 PM

I got the Clarkson DVD for Christmas and it was very similar to a TG episode. Dropping a piano on a Marina, dropping a car off a crane, bad acting and there was even VBH and Tiff Needle on it with bone acting too.
Hope tonight is good because it's too predictable as of late and close to being crossed off my watching list.

scootz - 27/12/09 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
you left out:

50+ similies
exaggerated incompetence
reference to hammond's height/teeth
sabotage of each others cars

And James May driving slowly...

StevieB - 27/12/09 at 07:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz

Driving Scary Roads
Threatened with Kidnap

Probably not quite, but I guess I won't be miles off the mark!

You forgot:

All whilst pretending they do it all on their own and don't really have a dozen ex SAS types on the other side of the camera...

mangogrooveworkshop - 27/12/09 at 07:51 PM

Hammond the land roverman bought a toyota

scootz - 27/12/09 at 08:07 PM

The shite-o-meter is off the scale!

Switching over already!

mistergrumpy - 27/12/09 at 09:01 PM

Seemed to start terribly but got a bit better as they were starved of oxygen.
I think they'd be better at presenting 'Wish You Were Here'. They do get to some great places.

MakeEverything - 27/12/09 at 09:02 PM

I liked it, and am now looking for a range rover!!

scutter - 27/12/09 at 09:08 PM

Strangely after 2 weeks of disappointment, I really enjoyed that

ATB Dan.

JoelP - 27/12/09 at 09:10 PM

big improvement, still the staging and dramatisation, but since i love 4x4s it was always going to be ok.

morcus - 27/12/09 at 09:49 PM

The start was awful, but once they got going it was very good, and didn't come across as staged as they normally do. That Death road bit looked quite frightening. Much less in the way of stupid gimics and gifts, and even the writing on the cars bit was only short And James acknowledged that the hammond chrashing into him bit wasn't funny and never has been.

It would have been better if they'd explained more about what they were doing and why, though I doubt they all could.

Nash - 27/12/09 at 09:55 PM

Sorry but I thought it was EPIC

I love these road trip challenges. Old cars and not easy adventures. I know they are staged but they still have to do them.

Great show. I think they should do a whole series of these for Season 157 or whatever it is next.

I love 4x4's so I'm biased

IMHO

.........Neil

MikeRJ - 27/12/09 at 09:57 PM

I though it was pretty good, a significant improvement over the rest of this seasons efforts.

The super-obvious staging of Hammond losing his car down the big sand dune was annoying though. If they thought it was too dangerous without 4WD then why not just say that and leave it.

quote:
Originally posted by scootz

Driving Scary Roads
Threatened with Kidnap

Would have thought you'd have rated this episode as you only got 1 right

[Edited on 27/12/09 by MikeRJ]

carpmart - 27/12/09 at 10:00 PM

I have to agree! I enjoyed that more than virtually any programme for the last couple or so series!

McLannahan - 27/12/09 at 10:05 PM

Stunning cinematography. Some beautiful scenery too.

StevieB - 27/12/09 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ

The super-obvious staging of Hammond losing his car down the big sand dune was annoying though. If they thought it was too dangerous without 4WD then why not just say that and leave it.

I quite agree - they could have just admitted it was too dangerous and then pushed the Landcruiser down the hill all the same as a demonstration of what can go wrong.

mark chandler - 27/12/09 at 10:39 PM

I with you lot, apart from the start it got better, the old classics on coils are so much better off road than the p38 shape onwards, those old coil springs suck up the rough roads so much better than air bags.

The only thing that beats them off road with good tyres is a 90.

Peteff - 27/12/09 at 11:22 PM

I enjoyed it, I missed the start and saw it from where they were getting the cars off the raft. I was surprised nobody had a proper taliban wagon though, they would have p!ssed it.

scootz - 28/12/09 at 09:25 AM

Seems like I should have stuck around... the first 15 mins was doing my head in, so off it went!

t16turbotone - 28/12/09 at 10:14 AM

I must admit, i thought it was much much better this week, i enjoyed it!!

mookaloid - 28/12/09 at 10:17 AM

Good episode IMHO

roadrunner - 28/12/09 at 10:30 AM

I think i need to go on a road trip like that one. Great stuff.

Stuart_B - 28/12/09 at 10:42 AM

i liked it alot, but i did not like the way all the 4x4 just got highly modified, but i think some off the mods where not need, i argree the rol cage, and they should have left it at that.

stuart

COREdevelopments - 28/12/09 at 03:03 PM

I Loved it! Only thing i didnt like seeing was the toyota breaking down so many times, but i think most of it was down to Hammond! Raising it so high was not a good move IMHO. James may did well though. I wonder if the toyota would of broke down much if Old Jezza had chosen it? Spectacular views though.

Rob

flak monkey - 28/12/09 at 03:26 PM

I thought it was pretty good last night. The right amount of silliness but not OTT.

I was suprised they made its as high as they did before they had to turn around. They got as high as the Everest base camp, which is damn good going if you havent done any alititude training.

ETA if you missed it, its on again tonight at 7:45 on BBC2

[Edited on 28/12/09 by flak monkey]

jeffw - 28/12/09 at 05:57 PM

I actually enjoyed it once they where off the barge.

violentblue - 28/12/09 at 05:58 PM

whats with this season anyway, we all knew they were a bunch of twits, but enjoyed laughing at their stupidity. this season it all seems like they are not even trying.

morcus - 28/12/09 at 09:18 PM

slightly off topic, having raced home to see UC I bumped into this repeat, does this mean there as no UC this week?