Board logo

We Should quarentine new members!!
Krismc - 13/10/10 at 11:55 AM

People who join just to buy items or ask for info then dont reply. it really winds me up.

Ive sold a item to someone (whos name differs from paypal name), he payed paypal which is fine, then i posted item and got receipt, he didnt want insurance or anything and it hasnt arrived yet so he reversed payment and paypal temp put me into debt, i only posted late last week royal mail 2nd class so im sure it will arrive today or tomorrow - if i sell on ebay and its over £35 i request they get insurance if they decline then its there problem - but everything have arrived ok everytime.

now i think i wont sell on here again unless its someone i know

and on Ebay, sky, paypal and here im Kris mc i dont hide my name why do people use strange names and never give proper ones??

AHhhh and once again its buyers option to have it insured, if i get reciept from post office then thats my side of deal done. ive sold and posted

GBaggott - 13/10/10 at 12:19 PM

I'm GBaggott...

whoever bought the item from you is a bit of a cock - he could have just contacted you to check delivery etc.
don't let it put you off.

l0rd - 13/10/10 at 12:26 PM

I am yiannisf4p125hp on fleebay

My name though is Ioannis.

UncleFista - 13/10/10 at 12:36 PM

I'm Tony Bond, UncleFista online for most things. It's up to you to get goods to the buyer. If they don't want to pay for postage/insurance then don't sell to them :-)

Always send "signed for" too or as you've discovered, you don't have a leg to stand on and Papal will refund :-)

Krismc - 13/10/10 at 12:38 PM

He txt me on Monday, and I said delivery tues-thurs
. Paypal withdrew 155quid from my account until resolved. Its a joke. Buyer protection is good, but over kill when I've got proof of posting.

wylliezx9r - 13/10/10 at 12:44 PM

You have taken quite a hardline there ie tarring all new comers withe the same brush. If everyone took that approach what a sh1t world it would be.

I am quite a new member who is building a car and I have bought and sold several things on here with no priblems. if everybody took your advice what would we new comers do then ?

mcerd1 - 13/10/10 at 12:51 PM

I've not had any problems buying from or selling to folk on this site yet and some of them only had 2 or 3 posts

matt_gsxr - 13/10/10 at 12:58 PM

Sorry to hear of this problem, maybe its an honest mistake.

The good thing is that the number of posts that people have made is quite clearly shown. I think you could chose not to answer questions from noobies, and also include in your "for sale" that you won't sell to anyone who has fewer than 50 posts. We were all noobies once.

Paypal; well that is a whole other problem.

Matt

40inches - 13/10/10 at 01:01 PM

I didn't think you could file a complaint regarding postage for 10 days?

Liam - 13/10/10 at 01:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
. Paypal withdrew 155quid from my account until resolved. Its a joke. Buyer protection is good, but over kill when I've got proof of posting.

But you haven't got proof of delivery. Your proof of postage could be for anything. Without proof of delivery paypal will almost certainly side with the buyer. That's why you must always use a service with addressed proof of postage, online tracking and proof of delivery. Your only hope is to try and claim from Royal Mail, but as 2nd class isn't a trackable service, I'm not sure you'll have any luck there.

britishtrident - 13/10/10 at 01:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:

But you haven't got proof of delivery. Your proof of postage could be for anything. Without proof of delivery paypal will almost certainly side with the buyer. That's why you must always use a service with addressed proof of postage, online tracking and proof of delivery. Your only hope is to try and claim from Royal Mail, but as 2nd class isn't a trackable service, I'm not sure you'll have any luck there.

No the whole point is the buyer hasn't allowed for the normal standard delivery time by this type of post. Paypal/Ebay really don't treat sellers fairly in this respect.

I had similar problems with a d**k head female ebayer who bought an item from me a few years back who filed a complaint on Tuesday morning for an item that closed on late Friday afternoon and was posted first class on Saturday at 9am. It turned out the item had been correctly delivered on Tuseday but her d**k head son hadn't bothered to tell her, so she filed a complaint and went off to the Caribean for 4 weeks.

britishtrident - 13/10/10 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 40inches
I didn't think you could file a complaint regarding postage for 10 days?

Yes you can and it is grossly unfair to sellers.

balidey - 13/10/10 at 01:16 PM

I'm afraid this could be an expensive lesson. Regardless of whether you offered them insurance or not, its you that should have made the decision. Saying they declined it carries no weight with Paypal.
I send ALL my items recorded and with insurance level to cover the cost of the item.
You can claim back some cost from Royal Mail, I think its a max of £41 now. It can only be done 14 working days after posting.

But all that asside, the guy sounds like a 'enter expletive here' if he has not given you a chance to sort it out and just went straight to Paypal. Perhaps he did this after it arrived and noticed it was un-recorded? Timing seems too convenient?

dhutch - 13/10/10 at 01:52 PM

I think your problem here is with paypal not the forum.

Having hat to place my forum on manual vetting for about 6 weeks while we sorted out a spam-attack issue with a forum upgrade i cant tell you its a poor answer regaurdless of the question.

It took me about an hour every other night to process around 60 applicants. And we still got spammers thro, we got people who'd be declined wrongly, people who where annoyed that they could post stright way, and time where all of the moderators where away for a few days causing a huge backlog and more complaints.

Daniel

02GF74 - 13/10/10 at 03:34 PM

quote:
and on Ebay, sky, paypal and here im Kris mc i dont hide my name why do people use strange names and never give proper ones??

errrmmm, no idea wot you are talking about

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
I had similar problems with a d**k head female ebayer who bought an item from me a few years back who filed a complaint on Tuesday morning for an item that closed on late Friday afternoon and was posted first class on Saturday at 9am. It turned out the item had been correctly delivered on Tuseday but her d**k head son hadn't bothered to tell her, so she filed a complaint and went off to the Caribean for 4 weeks.

Jamaica?

.... or did she want to go?

rhinopower - 13/10/10 at 03:47 PM

Talking about me?

Firstly, at what point did I say I didn't the package insured?

You listed the megasquirt ecu for £150, I paid the deposit and informed you that I would send £155 (the amount you are in debt to paypal now) so that the package could be sent recorded. If you sent the ecu 2nd class it would of cost you 75p extra. If you sent it when you said you did then its gone missing and you need to refund me. Paypals T&C's state that if an item is over a certain value it has to be send insured.

rhinopower - 13/10/10 at 03:50 PM

And lets face it, I was always going to be suspicious when you will only text and not answer the phone, you say parcelforce in text message but 2nd class post on here, i think you need to get your story straight!

Krismc - 13/10/10 at 04:30 PM

That's ok I've spoke to local lad who delivers parcels too urs along with another van and will let me know when you have got it, so ill expect a 24hr turn around on paypal.

Ill answer phone if you ring me but expect a high phone charge as I'm in portugal.

You u2u states basically states -ill pay deposit then ill pay other and im in no rush cause im still building.

And txt says my pregnant wife will post once I tell her you payed, you payed i checked on paypal late that night, then next day i txt to tell her to post it, she did and ill will be with you 2mora. At the worst Friday.

rhinopower - 13/10/10 at 04:42 PM

If it turns up rest assured I will let you know. I'm a moderator on another forum and used to dealing with this sort of problem. I'm suprised the post office gave you details of who delivers my mail, although I expect your making that up.

Why when i paid over the odds for postage, did you send it second class not recorded then?

[Edited on 13/10/10 by rhinopower]

Krismc - 13/10/10 at 05:50 PM

Post office didnt give me the details, my collegue at council found out for me through one phone call.

rhinopower - 13/10/10 at 06:02 PM

Ok, whats their names then?

Any why did you send it second class?

I believe a megasquirt weights approx 500g, heres the post offices charges.

First Class stamps* Delivery Aim 1 Day Up to £41 No £2.24
Recorded (Signed For) First Class stamps* Delivery Aim 1 Day Up to £41 Proof of Delivery £2.98
Second Class stamps* Delivery Aim 3 Days Up to £41 No £1.95
Recorded (Signed For) Second Class stamps* Delivery Aim 3 Days Up to £41 Proof of Delivery £2.69
Special Delivery 9.00am Guaranteed by 9:00am next day Up to £50 Tracked £13.10
Special Delivery Next Day Guaranteed by 1:00pm next day Up to £500 Tracked £5.50
Standard Parcels Delivery Aim 3 Days Up to £41 No £4.41

scootz - 13/10/10 at 06:04 PM

rhinopower - 13/10/10 at 06:08 PM

Furthermore, there has been no U2U's between us which you claim there has, only text messages, I am happy to screenshot and upload the whole conversation if you wish but i've not at any point said im not in a rush and still building (its a complete car!), your text mentioning your wife posting says nothing about her being pregnant (but i see no relevence?), in your original post you said you posted the item, but you've told me its your wife who posted it, you keep changing the truth here!

karlak - 13/10/10 at 06:08 PM

gottabedone - 13/10/10 at 06:14 PM

Guys - I hope this resolves itself amicably but your problem really isn't as a result of the forum so how about going to U2U before beer and handbags come out.

If it stays here then Scootz's your offer looks good, I'll bring the Minstrels

Steve

rhinopower - 13/10/10 at 06:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gottabedone
Guys - I hope this resolves itself amicably but your problem really isn't as a result of the forum so how about going to U2U before beer and handbags come out.

If it stays here then Scootz's your offer looks good, I'll bring the Minstrels

Steve

I couldnt agree more, but im going to make sure I have a clean name out of all this!

Krismc - 13/10/10 at 06:42 PM

Well if he is honest, when his parcel arrives 2mora he will withdraw his complaint, but it just seems dodgy when he complains so soon and sends a txt saying you are going to loose 150quid.

I've got 100% sellers feedback torquoise star on ebay so I'm honest, but id give seller a few days before id call him a thief.

will121 - 13/10/10 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
quote:

as above, i think people forget that the sellers full services offered are the 'provision' of the items and 'delivery' of the item hence seller is responsible for both the item and full delivery meaning receipt of the item by the buyer, you do not forfill you part of the 'sale agreement' by just posting. for this reason i will always post by recorded delivery and charge the buyer accordingly as normally only minimal addition and also post office insurance cover if goes wrong. After all think if we buy say something from a shop over the internet would not be happy till recieved and not accept them saying its not their problem as they had posted it!

rhinopower - 13/10/10 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Well if he is honest, when his parcel arrives 2mora he will withdraw his complaint, but it just seems dodgy when he complains so soon and sends a txt saying you are going to loose 150quid.

I've got 100% sellers feedback torquoise star on ebay so I'm honest, but id give seller a few days before id call him a thief.

I hope it does come tomorrow. I've had expensive things go missing before, and paypal have been unable to reclaim the money so sorry if you think I've jumped the gun but I'm not getting stung again.

omega 24 v6 - 13/10/10 at 08:09 PM

Cmon guys FFS we are all genuine guys on here I hope ( even newbies although I would be cautious as well).
Given the amount of FREE info and buckshee parts GIVEN AWAY with free postage between many members over many years then you can both surely excercise a bit of
PATIENCE and UNDERSTANDING. You are gonna need heaps of it if you are gonna build a good car.

Its all about COMMUNICATION.

NOW

GROUP HUG

MikeR - 13/10/10 at 08:56 PM

i'm not hugging you!!!

:p

Confused but excited. - 13/10/10 at 09:18 PM

I will. when you get to my age.....

omega 24 v6 - 14/10/10 at 05:36 AM

I'll have you know I am MOST huggable.

Jasper - 14/10/10 at 10:30 AM

Why oh why oh why do people STILL send items non-recorded? Sorry, but if you do then you only have yourself to blame. I run a mail order company and everything I send out is at my risk until it's signed for by the customer.

Take responsibility for your own actions and don't blame the buyer, sellers have a responsibility to get the item to the buyer, not just post it unrecorded and hope for the best.

Ninehigh - 14/10/10 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
i'm not hugging you!!!

What are you, gay?

Also recorded delivery don't mean squat. Special delivery however legally has arrived the moment it's posted. If you want it to get there 100% go special delivery

rhinopower - 14/10/10 at 06:46 PM

Still nothing today, but you know that anyway from my postman. I will have to ask him when I see him next how he feels about his name and number being passed around like **** in a *** bar! Clear breach of the data protection act if it's true, I will of course speak to whoever delivers my parcels due to having to open the door.

[Edited on 15/10/10 by rhinopower]

scootz - 14/10/10 at 06:49 PM

Never mind all that... what happened??? This saga has been almost as entertaining as an episode of the El Dorado soap!

Come on... !!! Who was right... who was wrong??? Was it all a dream??? Did the secret-agent postie who's on the take spill his guts after he delivered 'the package'??? Will it all be resolved on Jeremy Kyle???

gottabedone - 15/10/10 at 04:29 PM

now hold on - I must have missed some episodes! .............Jeremy Kyle?..........so who was taking drugs and where are the illegitimate kids?
What a plot spoiler

Ninehigh - 15/10/10 at 06:49 PM

El Dorado was real? I thought it was something I spotted while flicking through the channels

rhinopower - 15/10/10 at 06:58 PM

Still nothing today. Do the right thing and refund my money

Ninehigh - 15/10/10 at 07:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rhinopower
Still nothing today. Do the right thing and refund my money

I thought the problem (well the reason for the OP) is that he did refund your money, without his permission and knowledge

rhinopower - 15/10/10 at 08:36 PM

No. I escalated a paypal claim who remove the funds from the seller until resolved

Ninehigh - 15/10/10 at 09:55 PM

Ah right so Paypal are holding that money?

rhinopower - 15/10/10 at 10:08 PM

Yes, but by looks of it he has already withdrawn it so is in the minus at the moment. Nice to see how mature people are, not like i came on here throwing toys out of the pram because the ecu hadn't turned up.

Jasper - 16/10/10 at 09:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
i'm not hugging you!!!

What are you, gay?

Also recorded delivery don't mean squat. Special delivery however legally has arrived the moment it's posted. If you want it to get there 100% go special delivery

What nonsense, Recorded Delivery means you have proof when they sign for it, it's fine for posting all manner of things when you need to know it's got there, but it's not time critical or very valuable.

Ninehigh - 16/10/10 at 07:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
quote:
i'm not hugging you!!!

What are you, gay?

What nonsense, Recorded Delivery means you have proof when they sign for it, it's fine for posting all manner of things when you need to know it's got there, but it's not time critical or very valuable.

My solicitor said otherwise, and I have had recorded delivery stuff go missing...

rhinopower - 17/10/10 at 06:58 AM

I've had special and recorded go missing before too, don't trust my sorting office one bit! Probably for the best it's being closed down. I've complained about it before but still have bits disappear in the system.

Jasper - 18/10/10 at 09:14 AM

Of course they sometimes go missing, and I'm not talking legal issues here.

What I need as a seller is proof if the customer has signed for it or not, that way I can prove if he's trying to have one over on me or not. If it gets lost before he signs for it then it's my problem - which I why I have insurance - if he claims not to have had it but I can see he signed for it, then he can do one.

In this case sending it Recorded would mean this thread wouldn't be happeneing, what more do you need?

scootz - 18/10/10 at 09:23 AM

Where do you stand with PayPal, etc. if it gets signed for, but the purchaser says that they never signed for it, they don't know who did and they don't have it?

Ninehigh - 18/10/10 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Where do you stand with PayPal, etc. if it gets signed for, but the purchaser says that they never signed for it, they don't know who did and they don't have it?

I'm guessing your paypal address should be your home, therefore if you don't know who signed for it then you've got bigger problems. Also you can go online and look at the signature

rhinopower - 18/10/10 at 10:03 PM

Still nothing today, im going to have to buy another ecu from else where, anybody got a spare megasquirt?

kj - 19/10/10 at 06:46 AM

Did any one read the article in this months PPC about Charlies ECU going missing in the post only to be sold at an auction and then the person whos buys the items at the auction sells it on E-Bay.
I know that when they contacted the seller he refused to send the item on to Charlie and like they said what use is an ECU for a 27ltr Rover to anyone else?
The police and Royal mail want nothing to do with it, have a look they were trying to get readers to stop buying from the trader, keep an eye on his items it may come up on his items for sale.

Krismc - 19/10/10 at 08:13 AM

Sorry not had a chance to reply just got back from work in portugal, i see his stance seems to be the same.

I haven't got any work booked in til new year at moment so plenty of spare time to sort this now.

I've been in and seen police as per many u2u's sugested:- they said that they can't class it as theft until the refund has been accepted then been in buyers account for 14days(not sure why-surely 1day is theft) but anyway i must also provide proof of postage and proof delivery or a witness statement to say its been delivered.

So I'm all set, just waiting to see what buyer and paypal decided.

I've got my proof of posting, my witness statements sorted etc

karlak - 19/10/10 at 08:28 AM

quote:
I've got my proof of posting, my witness statements sorted etc

This sounds so strange. It seems that you have proof it was posted and now "proof" via a witness it was delivered. Why is the receiver acting like this ?

It was definitely the correct address it was delivered to? There must be a reasonable explanation. Perhaps I put too much trust in people doing the right thing

Krismc - 19/10/10 at 08:37 AM

I don't know why people don't do right thing either mate, bec owners cashed a cheque for 650 quid for work he didnt do, When I went to collect it he ended up going out off business and then moving house. To get away from me and another guy all over 1200quid total.

Why not just do right thing and save face and save hassle.

MikeR - 19/10/10 at 02:15 PM

I thought you couldn't prove it was posted as it was sent via the normal post. I'm also surprised the postal worker is able to give a viable statement (or his bosses have allowed it). If it was normal post, he has to remember exactly one item of post compared to the other hundreds he has to deliver, and this memory has to be beyond reasonable doubt.

I don't want to side on any 'side' of this argument but I'm struggling (without any facts) to see how the police will take this forwards. If they do and you win it could have some interesting ramifications for ebay.

Having said all this, I hope this is resolved amicably & you both should consider that anything you write here may be taken down and used in evidence in a court of law

karlak - 19/10/10 at 02:37 PM

For 65p on top, recorded is the minimum I ever send any parcels now.

Sent something on ebay this year and after 5days had not turned up. The buyer was a real pain and I sent her a refund just to shut her up. Luckily for me I checked another week later and the Item was showing as delivered on the RM tracking website.

"oh yes, I was meaning to let you know it arrived" she said, when I contacted her.. Yeh, right love... Shut up and give me my money

Krismc - 19/10/10 at 03:46 PM

quote:
I thought you couldn't prove it was posted as it was sent via the normal post. I'm also surprised the postal worker is able to give a viable statement (or his bosses have allowed it). If it was normal post, he has to remember exactly one item of post compared to the other hundreds he has to deliver, and this memory has to be beyond reasonable doubt.

I don't want to side on any 'side' of this argument but I'm struggling (without any facts) to see how the police will take this forwards. If they do and you win it could have some interesting ramifications for ebay.

Having said all this, I hope this is resolved amicably & you both should consider that anything you write here may be taken down and used in evidence in a court of law

I got parcel eyed up before it left office, although by law they wouldnt open/change or let me have it back and posty hasn't confirmed he got it delivered yet but should have.

it was only in post 3 days before I recieved a message asking how it was sent and soon as I said few days later I received no more messages, emails etc just a paypal note to say item not received. Royal mail state 2nd class can take 15days so could have still been in transit until 25th this month, before its classed as lost.

[Edited on 19/10/10 by Krismc]

rhinopower - 19/10/10 at 05:43 PM

quote:
quote:

I got parcel eyed up before it left office, although by law they wouldnt open/change or let me have it back and posty hasn't confirmed he got it delivered yet but should have.

it was only in post 3 days before I recieved a message asking how it was sent and soon as I said few days later I received no more messages, emails etc just a paypal note to say item not received. Royal mail state 2nd class can take 15days so could have still been in transit until 25th this month, before its classed as lost.

[Edited on 19/10/10 by Krismc]

So you are agreeing now its not been delivered?

I feel it right to upload the complete screenshots from our conversation by text so people can see exactly what you are saying to me.

You have still not said why you sent it second class when i gave you a fiver to cover postage?

rhinopower - 19/10/10 at 05:49 PM

Also made a trip to my post office this afternoon to chat to the guys and girls who can confirm you have not been in contact with them, and infact talking rubbish. You have not been in contact with any of them, the only phone numbers the drivers have are their personal numbers. I had tried to keep this quiet and not cause problems on here for you, but you have blown this completely out of the water.

Krismc - 19/10/10 at 06:21 PM

Climb back down your hole, you will see me in court then- do I have ya permission to post that up here once its started.?? Don't leave voice mails like that again, ill show you who's the bleeping slimy little liar.

What about phone calls, paypal report, u2us emails you forget about them.

rhinopower - 19/10/10 at 06:32 PM

If there are emails, post them up including headers so nobody can say you made them up.

Can someone ask a board mod to look into the u2u's, they can then confirm that nothing has been sent by me.

And finally, as for the so called 'voicemail', why make that up? I can pull off my itemised phone bill next week and upload that too to show i've not called you since making initial contact.

Fozzie - 19/10/10 at 07:24 PM

I am now closing this thread, as I cannot see any further relevance in keeping it open.

I hope that you both get the issue sorted.

Fozzie ....... Admin