Board logo

Leatherman tools, sterling service.
NigeEss - 29/10/10 at 09:07 AM

Managed to snap a blade off my trusty Leatherman Wave which I've had for about eight years.
So using their "25 year waranty" I sent it to Whitby and Co the recommended fixers and a week
later I got by recorded delivery a brand spanking new one, the latest model too

Very pleased.

omega0684 - 29/10/10 at 09:16 AM

i have a leatherman and a Gerber and i must admit they are both awesome!

liam.mccaffrey - 29/10/10 at 10:48 AM

I have a leatherman PST2, a leatherman surge and a Gerber tree felling axe which is AWESOME!!

GBaggott - 29/10/10 at 10:50 AM

Wow, I have had mine about 10,11 years I cannot remember, and have also snapped a blade off. Do you have to send it back to the shop you bought it at? Just I got mine in Japan and don't a receipt
Cheers Gareth

FFTS - 29/10/10 at 10:53 AM

+1

Do you need your receipt and what procedure did you follow to get your wave replaced?

NigeEss - 29/10/10 at 12:30 PM

Mine was bought in Canada and I also no longer have the receipt.

Whitby & Co is the UK head office, I actually handed it in person
as I was in the area. No appointment, just turned up.
A chap gave me a form to fill in and said if it can't be fixed they'll replace it.

sdh2903 - 29/10/10 at 01:53 PM

No receipt needed. mine was originally bought in the states.

Posted mine off to them with 2 broken bits and came back 3 days later sorted.

Quite comical as you get a "how to care for your leatherman" leaflet when you get it back, I.e try not to break it again using it as a prybar/hammer etc

scootz - 29/10/10 at 01:59 PM

American PX (armed forces store)... Camp Butmir... Sarajevo... weekend before Christmas.... Leatherman Wave's... $19.99 each... two dollars to the pound at the time!

Even my mum got a multi-tool for Xmas that year!

T66 - 29/10/10 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
American PX (armed forces store)... Camp Butmir... Sarajevo... weekend before Christmas.... Leatherman Wave's... $19.99 each... two dollars to the pound at the time!

Even my mum got a multi-tool for Xmas that year!

Lol cheapskate !!

Ps got any left ??

[Edited on 29/10/10 by T66]