Board logo

Bike engine / pallet transport ?
Jon Ison - 14/10/08 at 11:57 AM

Who is best for sending an engine on a pallet ?

Who have you used, price ?

Chesterfield ---> Bedford

Dangle_kt - 14/10/08 at 12:00 PM

cost me nearly £80 on a pallet. remember to factor in pallet charge (unless you have one?) and VAT

andyw7de - 14/10/08 at 12:11 PM

We use a company called "Palletways"

single pallet up to 1 tonne £40 next day AM

Ive had no problems with them at all

Andy

eznfrank - 14/10/08 at 12:11 PM

I don't think I'd trust anyone not to drop it and snap bits off!

Mr Whippy - 14/10/08 at 12:20 PM

can't they wrap it up in a ball with bubble wrap? its only a bike engine, wouldn't take much

Dangle_kt - 14/10/08 at 01:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
I don't think I'd trust anyone not to drop it and snap bits off!

In a plastic crate with foam all round and over the top, masking taped in place. strapped onto a pallet.

I had no problem like that.

r1_pete - 14/10/08 at 01:44 PM

I'm travelling from Sheffield to Luton tomorrow, and am in Chesterfield at the moment at work, I only have a Lexus IS but if it will go in........

Flamez - 14/10/08 at 02:05 PM

I had a zx10r sent from aberdeen to south wales... £60 TNT next day delivery all in tact.

Jon Ison - 14/10/08 at 04:33 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, offers, I was asking for a guy at work, he bought a blackbird engine off ebay, complete but when it arrived it was bare, seller said ancillaries where sent via a different courier, yea, you pay to ship a pallet and put other bits in a box n post em ?

Anyhow he his returning the engine for refund, hence question, funnily enough the engine is already back on ebay "complete" ??? and I know for sure its still in workshop waiting to be picked up tomorrow, £28, pallatways.