Board logo

Where to get a zetec crank seal?
Jasongray5 - 7/7/10 at 03:24 PM

Hi guys,
In my Fathers infinate wisdom, it was a good idea to take the flywheel side crankseal off to get a trust bearing in the end of the crank?? Stupidly I listened to him and now i think i would be better off replacing it as a precation?
Question is, do you chaps know where to get one, its a blacktop 1.8 from a mondeo if that helps? I found these guys Click

But delivery seems expencive and im not sure between the difference of FR and RR crank seals?

Cheers guys!
Jas

big_wasa - 7/7/10 at 03:36 PM

Burton power for anything Ford or even Ford them selfs.

I would ring them re post if its over the top.

[Edited on 7/7/10 by big_wasa]

beaver34 - 7/7/10 at 04:11 PM

i can sort you one, email me at work with what you want a proper genuine one aswell

alastair.smith@fordretail.com

Danozeman - 7/7/10 at 05:05 PM

Ford dealers carry them iirc and theyr not that expensive. Or burton power but the post will be about 4 quid on a 5 quid seal.

Motor factors stock seals aswell.

I have to say it. What was your dad on? Youd never fit a thrust bearing through a seal hole?

[Edited on 7/7/10 by Danozeman]

robocog - 7/7/10 at 05:28 PM

IIRC one of the seals was 'kin expensive when I bought them from my local Ford stealership and Burtons was waaay cheaper at that time

Can't remember whether it was flywheel or front pulley end that they wanted £50 for though off hand

The trade off is that some of the other stuff I got from the main dealers was way cheaper than anywhere else

It pays to ask and shop around IMHO

Regards
Rob

Jasongray5 - 8/7/10 at 09:23 AM

cheers guys, yeah seal is about 50 quid from ford

fatbaldbloke - 8/7/10 at 10:36 AM

Another vote for Burton Power