Board logo

ZX7-R carb questions.
po79 - 5/12/10 at 03:35 PM

Hi guys,

Just a couple of quick questions for you.

First does anyone know the ZX carb angle I have measured mine in order for Dan to sort out a self weld kit and found it to be 25degs is this correct?

Also how do you mount these carbs all the pictures I have seen they just look to be connected to the manifold by their silicone hoses but with no support brakets, is this correct?

Thanks,

Po.

prawnabie - 5/12/10 at 03:46 PM

They are supported by the airbox on bikes so you will have to make up a bracket when fitting to a car engine. Make sure you use the proper fluro silicone hose too.

lotusmadandy - 5/12/10 at 03:49 PM

Mine have no support brackets and are fitted with normal
silicone hose.no problems to report,after 2 years hard use.

Andy

jacko - 5/12/10 at 03:59 PM

these are my zx9r carbs the small pip is vertical if this helps
I have made a support that goes from the middle of the carbs to a bolt on the rocker cover [ pinto engine ]
carbs on manifold
carbs on manifold

you can just see the support in this photo
Engine
Engine

[Edited on 5/12/10 by jacko]

po79 - 5/12/10 at 04:05 PM

Thanks guys,

So basically its down to me if I do or don't put mounting brackets on then.

With brackets me thinks.

What about the angle or the carb any one know what this should be?

I guess I could use the mounting bracket to make the final adjustments though.

Cheers,

Po.

nearly done - 5/12/10 at 06:37 PM

Hi,
I had my runners cut at around 22 degree`s to ensure the float bowl was horizontal.I had all sorts of issues with the mounting of the carbs to the runners,the silicone hose kept slipping of as I tightened up the clips(even the special ones designed for silicone hose). Eventually I purchased some ali tube of the right diameter to slip over the spigot on the carbs extending them by a inch or so,this was secured with Sikaflex 221 and bingo plenty of purchase for the clips to tighten up to. I also have braced the carbs to the head using some Stainless bar i had laying about.
Incidently I have just swopped My 750 carbs for some off a 1000 Exup !! These are secured with the original Yamaha carb rubbers and fit a lot better than silicone hose ever would.

Cheers,Sean.

whitestu - 5/12/10 at 09:23 PM

From my experience the carb angle doesn't matter. Mine [ZX6R] are totally horizontal and work perfectly.

Stu