Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: how do I reprogramme a ford key?
snippy

posted on 17/1/10 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
how do I reprogramme a ford key?

I need to reprogram my Ford ignition key to reactivate the remote central locking on my mk2 Mondeo. Anybody know how to do this or has anyone done this on a Ford of similar age (year 2000/X).
Thanks chaps.
Nick

eddie99

posted on 17/1/10 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've tried on my puma and failed, central locking works if i use the key but doesnt work on the key fob. Theres a few websites with info but it all depends on what type of key. Is there a mondeo forum, because im sure they will know for sure....
I will try and find the website that i used
Thanks
Ed

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
snippy

posted on 17/1/10 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Ed. I`ve been googling away and printed off various ways people have succeeded with before. I`ll give them a go in the daylight.
Xtreme Kermit

posted on 17/1/10 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
www.fordmondeo.org is a good resource.

I got info my my mkIII key on there, I am sure they have mkII instructions too.

jonesier1

posted on 17/1/10 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
cycle the ignition on/off till the red imob light stays on then push a button on the remote and hold till the imob light flashes 5 times to confirm then it should work,if not om the mondeo reach under the drivers side of the dash to find the central locking/alarm module,disconnect the wiring connctors for a few mins the reconnect and try the remote/prog again.On puma its the same process of cycle the ign etc push button and hold.simples

im in my own little world...its ok though they know me there

morcus

posted on 18/1/10 at 02:15 AM Reply With Quote
My dad had someone reprogram the Jag key fob and all he gave him in return was a Jaguar Key (It wasn't for out car and he wanted the imobiliser chip, or something). Jag was ford owned at the time and the key looks the same as a mondeo key so its got to be simillar.

I mwasn't there but I'm told it involved pressing the button whilst doing something with the car.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

snippy

posted on 20/1/10 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Job Done

I fitted a new battery in my key fob and the remote worked straight away without having to recode it! Bonus! Wish I`d done this 12 months ago now

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.