Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Timely Reminder....
nick205

posted on 26/8/16 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
Difficult to watch, but IMHO and honest effort to make people more aware and thoughtful of their actions.

As above I don't think it would hurt to place it on our TV screens one bit - those that take offence to it are most likely the ones who need to pay the most attention to it.

Mr Whippy

posted on 26/8/16 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
pah people become so totally desensitised to all this playing things like GTA 4 and I never once saw a hooker getting mugged in that vid. I was playing GTA with my 9 year old nephew (his copy) and there was less carnage during WWII. Even my 3 year old daughter had a shot though I did ask her to try not to hit all the pedestrians as it really wasn't the objective of the game... (she is very good at looking for cars when crossing the road though)

I don't think it wise to hide the truth from people about the reality's of something that can very easily kill them, show them how bad it gets. "Oh but I don't want to shock them!" well they look quite shocked being ripped to shreds under the wheel of an artic tbh

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
luke2152

posted on 26/8/16 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JP0717XGvA
Toprivetguns

posted on 26/8/16 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
From living in Australia for 6 years I can see why the advert was made. Pubs are few are far between in the small towns not forgetting the drive through wine stop shops!

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 26/8/16 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
I remember all the TAC TV campaigns, the posters and a good deal else when living in Australia (90's). Extremely good, as were the cigarette packets, stomach churning stuff (literally).

Even the simple, less horrific posters at the time, everywhere: "If you drink and drive you're a bloody idiot". I don't think that would fly in the (oh too sensitive) dis-UK.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.