Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nissan X trails - opinions......
britishtrident

posted on 8/10/09 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coose

I

Oh hang on, it was a 2.2 DCI so it did! It was driven like a company car should be (i.e. drive it like you stole it), did 88k miles in 3 years, was serviced as per the book (every 12k +/- 1k miles or so) and went into the garage twice for things that weren't a service: -!

In the engines natural home the Renault Megane the service interval was 18k miles ----and originally fully synthetic oil wasn't specified. The result was a very large percentage of these engines suffered turbo failure in a major way from 60,000 miles onwards. The debris from the turbo frequently entering the cylinders and wrecking the whole engine. It mostly seems to occur between 70,000 and 90,000 miles but I have heard of cases at as low as 25,000 miles.

Both Renault and Nissan have replaced a large number of these engines "as a good will gesture" , with Renault the cut off point of good will seems to be 90,000 miles.

As already said a quick Google or a search on sites such as Honest John will reveal a disproportionately large number of bad experiences with these engines.

Buying secondhand the buyer has no way to know what oil has been used in the engine --- even with service receipts there is no guarantee fully synthetic oil was actually used.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

JoelP

posted on 8/10/09 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
And do a google on ---- Renault turbo failure

or Renault Nissan dci turbo failure

suspect thats the same as the vivaro unit, in which case, been there done that...

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.