Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: just how fast are they????
chris mason

posted on 20/2/10 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
I guess if you've got a CEC you need 240bhp to match those sorts of times? In gear must be quicker though?

On the same day i had a cec with 229bhp, and that did a 12.138 at 110mph, so no you don't need 240bhp to do 100mph in 13-14 seconds, about 180-200bhp should do that.

Don't get hung up on times, with the aero of a 7 clone your up against it from the start.

franky

posted on 20/2/10 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
thats why i'm sticking the m3 lump in! Especially carrying me around too
JonnyS

posted on 21/2/10 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris mason
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyS
My MK Indy R1 easily does sub 13 seconds to 100 with just a driver. That's taking it easy on the standing start too. They're certainly not as quick as the stats suggest when you plug them into calculators though.

Why not bring it along to Santa Pod on the 7th of march, there's a few people off here going with becs, and a few tin tops, if yours will easily do a sub 13 to 100mph then it should be pretty quick on the strip.

Thanks for the invite, unfortunately I'm doing a LOT activity day then. I'm more of a trackday person to be honest, not really bothered about doing quarter miles personally, good fun to watch though.

I've made sure that every car I've had over the last few years has done comparable tests The quickish ones go in order of speed- Fiat Coupe 20VT (260bhp), S2000, Alfa 75 3.0 v6 trackcar and Clio 182. The Fiat Coupe was leagues faster than any of the others and really does punch above it's weight. That would do sub 14 sec to 100 and I know how the MK compares. I'm happy with my estimate

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.