Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: FAO Chris/Fozzie; a BIG thankyou!
cd.thomson

posted on 16/3/10 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
im only kidding you james, its often much easier to be critical of management than to actively praise them.

Despite the saying I think generally "s*** rolls up hill" rather than down.

eta: amongst the thai boxing circuit I was in at uni savate and BJJ were considered to be the only two fight styles to be worried about

[Edited on 16/3/10 by cd.thomson]

Craig

Lurch88

posted on 16/3/10 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
+1
Nothing wrong with a bit of buttmunching
So iv been told!

twybrow

posted on 16/3/10 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boggle
no matter what was said on the previous thread, i think being called an idiot was a bit off, but overall the sight is awesome so i shall say no more.....

I would agree with that - no matter how frustrating it is, that was not needed (Chris isn't famed for biting his tongue!).

MikeR

posted on 16/3/10 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
+1 from me
suspect it may be -1 from the g/f and dog as i go on here far too much

McLannahan

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
I think that lowering the tone to calling posts idiotic and people idiots is not acceptable.

I respect Chris for running this site and for all the upkeep, and Fozzie for of course all she does to keep it clean and sensible but Chris's last two responses are aggressive and unnecessary.

Michael

mookaloid

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
+1 for the original post from me too

I confess that I'm a bit of an addict to LCB and I would miss it if it went.

So keep up the good work Chris and Fozzie

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Irony

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
I for one would be totally screwed on my build if it weren't for this sight

A1 A1 plus plus plus

James

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
eta: amongst the thai boxing circuit I was in at uni savate and BJJ were considered to be the only two fight styles to be worried about

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Speaking of which.. any YouTube footage of you in 'action' James?

I am familiar with most Martial Arts, but don't know much about Savate...

Amazing how threads can deviate off-topic.

Savate is not an MA as such, just a fighting sport. It is split into 2 types: Combat (aka Elite) which is full contact and Assaut (technique/points based).
Both styles are done wearing boots/shoes and the aim is to cause damage by hitting with the hard tip of the boot. It differs from Thai in that shinning is strictly banned. the punching rules are basically English boxing.

A great Combat video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOX-L44aJ8

A fantastic Assaut video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79j-uAyRJFo

None of me on there, I'm not proud enough of my gangly style!

My girlfriend and I both do Assaut. I do Tae Kwon Do as well and she does Thai boxing. Although since starting Thai she's mentioned an interest in Combat Savate- I'm too wet for that!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 16/3/10 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

eddie99

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
I concurr. I dont know what I would do without this site. And I certainly know I wouldnt have the car I do without the help and advice available here.

As far as I am concerned Chris/Fozzie dictate what is and isnt acceptable here and thats fine by me.

Here Here!!!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
blakep82

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
quote:
no matter what was said on the previous thread, i think being called an idiot was a bit off, but overall the sight is awesome so i shall say no more.....

I would agree with that - no matter how frustrating it is, that was not needed (Chris isn't famed for biting his tongue!).

+1

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

welderman

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
+1

first car would never have been built so quick if it had not been for this site.

although i was banned once

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

BigFaceDave

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Without this site I wouldn't have ever considered building my car and the help that is given through this site is second to none, if your not happy then that's your problem not everyone elses. A massive thank you to Fozzie and Chris and please keep up the good work.
skinned knuckles

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:24 PM Reply With Quote
+1

i would have given up at the start if it wasn't for this site.

helpful advice, constructive criticism and a good bit of banter.

big thanks to the administrators and an equally big thanks to the members too.

A man isn't complete until he's married, then he's finished

UncleFista

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
As far as I am concerned Chris/Fozzie dictate what is and isnt acceptable here and thats fine by me.

I agree with that, with the proviso that they don't break civil law and attribute words to a poster in his every post, when it's obvious he didn't write them.

Apart from that blot, top job by all, especially the always level-headed and seemingly ever present Fozzie

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

boggle

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Speaking of which.. any YouTube footage of you in 'action' James?

I am familiar with most Martial Arts, but don't know much about Savate...

Amazing how threads can deviate off-topic.

Savate is not an MA as such, just a fighting sport. It is split into 2 types: Combat (aka Elite) which is full contact and Assaut (technique/points based).
Both styles are done wearing boots/shoes and the aim is to cause damage by hitting with the hard tip of the boot. It differs from Thai in that shinning is strictly banned. the punching rules are basically English boxing.

A great Combat video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLOX-L44aJ8

A fantastic Assaut video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79j-uAyRJFo

None of me on there, I'm not proud enough of my gangly style!

My girlfriend and I both do Assaut. I do Tae Kwon Do as well and she does Thai boxing. Although since starting Thai she's mentioned an interest in Combat Savate- I'm too wet for that!

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 16/3/10 by James]

yeah......blah blah..

ill kick yer arris with my hybrid sushi/origami style....

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

trextr7monkey

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Back to the original point yeah great site, great people, not over moderated and the wealth of info is amazing.
Keep it going!
atb
Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

adithorp

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McLannahan
I think that lowering the tone to calling posts idiotic and people idiots is not acceptable.

I respect Chris for running this site and for all the upkeep, and Fozzie for of course all she does to keep it clean and sensible but Chris's last two responses are aggressive and unnecessary.

Michael

It may have been a bit blunt but "Those that sow the wind shall reap the whirlwind". Although these things are rare on this site I enjoy reading them and think they should be left to run untill GodwinsLaw come in. That way we just have one thread to follow instead of half a dozen poping up and being locked. There's nothing quite like a fight to brighten up a dull day.

adrian

ps. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

iank

posted on 16/3/10 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
ME TOO!!!

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Agriv8

posted on 16/3/10 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
+1 from me,

I think that the problem is the ability for to be able to.

1 Argue a point but not drop to a personal level

2 Understand that people are allowed a diferent point of view.

It is very strange we even managed a discusion on polotics the other week an no one was hurt.

BUT publiced changes to the size of an avanta is stopping people's fredom of speach. Ps mine was too big got a U2U changed it problem solved !!

2p dropped in the bucket and must clock back in and get some work done.

regards

Agriv8

[Edited on 16/3/10 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Fozzie

posted on 16/3/10 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you James...

And thank you all ^ ^ ^ for your support .... after all is said and done, you are a great bunch of chaps and chapesses, and you largely peer moderate yourselves ..... which is a credit to each and every one of you!

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

ChrisW

posted on 16/3/10 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I'm sorry you feel that way.

However, from my point of view, the chap was given a perfectly reasonable explanation in my last post in this thread:

http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=131979&page=3#bottom

Instead of accepting what any reasonable person would have assumed automatically he chose to carry on banging on about it.

Other than that, thanks a lot everyone for your support. We often get downhearted dealing with silly issues, but stuff like this makes it all worthwhile.

Cheers, Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
boggle

posted on 16/3/10 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
i understand your point...maybe it would have been better if it was delt with via u2u as opppoosed to on the open forum????

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

TimEllershaw

posted on 16/3/10 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
+ 1 from me too.

I moderate a number of sites, and now find that I spend much more time on LCB, than I do on any of my own sites

If it wasn't for all of you I would have to go and do some work - and we wouldn't want that now would we ?

Cheers,
Tim.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
se7en

posted on 16/3/10 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
I am not one for having a brown tongue and I am often criticised for my opinions. You may not get many posts from me but any that I relay will hopefully assist the topic poster (and others) in their plight.

With regard to the debacle over avatars, if I were in Chris or Fozzie position I would not have let it go on for so long. The 'Idiot' should have been ostracised when they questioned the order to change their avatar. Rules are rules; they are not there for breaking or stretching as far as one can before being told you are wrong.

This site, which I only discovered lately - Vis my number of posts, is excellent. The information on it is invaluable to anyone building a Locost or working on his or her tin-top. The subjects covered are varied and often funny and when they are not funny, they can be informative. I am grateful that I can express my mind, as I am doing now, as well as impart my 50+ years experience of automotive engineering.

[Edited on 16/3/10 by se7en]

55ant

posted on 16/3/10 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
+1,

learnt more on this site than uni.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.