New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Had a bit of a bump :(
cd.thomson

posted on 4/6/10 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
what wally would do something like that

jambojeef

posted on 4/6/10 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
blimey!

Glad you're ok - when I first saw the car I thought you might have been pretty poorly so a lucky escape methinks...

Geoff

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 4/6/10 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
goodness, that made my heart sink when i saw the photo, glad you are ok though! Hope you are recovering ok! Also thank you for posting as its a good reminder for the rest of us to take it steady!

Heres to a speedy recovery!

indykid

posted on 4/6/10 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
these things happen but in those 3 or 4 seconds, you learn respect for the car you're driving that may have taken you years of stupid risks to find out.

everyone walked away from mine and like you, i went for a full cage on the new one. the finish on this one's everything i wanted the first one to be, though mine did cost about 4k in parts and additions to rebuild.
tom

MikeRJ

posted on 4/6/10 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, that was a fair old bump. Still at least the MK Indy is well supported so you'll easily be able to source all the new bits required (once you have built up the required ££).

Was there much damage to the Merc?

RichardK

posted on 4/6/10 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Oh mate, so sorry to see that picture, I really feel for you. Hope you get sorted and as many have said glad you're ok.

No chance of getting the merc fixed privatly to try and keep it from the insureres and it maybe then easier to repair the chasis on yours

Take care

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
l0rd

posted on 4/6/10 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichardK
Oh mate, so sorry to see that picture, I really feel for you. Hope you get sorted and as many have said glad you're ok.

No chance of getting the merc fixed privatly to try and keep it from the insureres and it maybe then easier to repair the chasis on yours

Take care

Rich

+1

Try to get it sorted between the 2 of you if possible.

You got away from the car which is a good thing, but you don't want your @rse rapped from the insurance comp.

james h

posted on 4/6/10 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all the comments.

I will try and have a word with the other party, but I think this will be an insurance job unfortunately

Steve Hignett

posted on 5/6/10 at 02:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by l0rd
quote:
Originally posted by RichardK

Take care

Rich

+1

Try to get it sorted between the 2 of you if possible.

You got away from the car which is a good thing, but you don't want your @rse rapped from the insurance comp.

+74, try and get it sorted.....

welderman

posted on 5/6/10 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
James thats put an end of you coming out for a drive next week, but if your stuck we will come and take you out.
Glad your ok and if you need a hand give me a shout and i will help, maybe even try and get you back on the road if at all possible.

Joe

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

pinto

posted on 5/6/10 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote

james h

posted on 5/6/10 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by welderman
James thats put an end of you coming out for a drive next week, but if your stuck we will come and take you out.
Glad your ok and if you need a hand give me a shout and i will help, maybe even try and get you back on the road if at all possible.

Joe

Many thanks for your offer - I am going to try and get the car back as soon as possible (needs to be inspected by the police apparently at the place where it was recovered to) then strip it down, see what I can salvage.

I am very determined to get back on the road now! The weather is just taunting me

James

FFTS

posted on 5/6/10 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Room for a passenger on our next PRESTON and SURROUNDING ARE DRIVE OUT..

+ Dad will by you a hot chocolate at Maccy Dees

Chris.

Ian Kelly

posted on 6/6/10 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Hi James,

Sorry to see and hear about the shunt. I'd be up for helping with the spanners in exchange for a coffee!

Get a few of us together and we'll make some speedy progress. It'll be like a montage from an A-Team episode...

Full cage is a good idea. Chin up.

Ian

welderman

posted on 6/6/10 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
hes waiting for the nod to get it back, i think we could do a whip round of parts for him when he knows what parts he needs , its more than welcome to come to my workshop for full strip and rebuild

Joe

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

jabbahutt

posted on 10/6/10 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
Gutted for you, but as said many times already ^^^ the main thing is that you're okay.

Also nice to see the offers of assistance, this site continues to restore my faith in human nature.

james h

posted on 10/6/10 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers everyone for the kind words and offers for help!

I have the car back at a fellow locostbuilder's farm, I will start to strip it down this weekend I think when I can get to it.

The police officer (who forgot to let me know the car was ready for collection, so I incurred 2 days of storage fees at the recovery place) is coming round tonight to interview me under caution for DWDC He says its just a formality but will recommend that I go on a speed awareness course which I will have to pay for. Gah!

James

welderman

posted on 10/6/10 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
nice one on the car mate, not so good on the DWDC i got 5 points for that once , i would do the course now if it was offered to me, mind you the bugger i hit went to town on the claim too, but he did break his leg and ruptured his splean . From memory his land rover rolled at lest once !.

Car note James, if you need owt give us (locosters too) a shout.

Joe

[Edited on 10/6/10 by welderman]

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.