Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cooling for my supercharger
mark chandler

posted on 5/1/14 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
You would have to lose that big black box and replace with something like a Nissan pulsar plenum then build an adaptor to exit the air from the charger along the new plenum to do it properly. Unless the existing plenum is used to secure the charger I do not see why it's an engine out job?

Regards Mark

Sierra

posted on 5/1/14 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
I only say engine out as you can't get to half the bolts you need to remove the inlet/plenum. The charger is bolted directly to th plenum and again half the bolts are unexcessable.
jeffw

posted on 5/1/14 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Somebody has obviously spent a lot of time on building it this way. I assume the M45 is directly connected to the Plenum? So, potentially, you could turn the M45 upside down, exit from supercharger into a intercooler/chargecooler in the nose, intercooler/chargercooler into a Pulsar GTiR Plenum with the thottle body inbetween the intercooler and plenum.

This would give you the best result.

Sierra

posted on 5/1/14 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah a lot of time has been spent as it does look very well made, the m45 is bolted directly to the bottom of the plenum then the inlet of m45 has a section also going into the plenum and a second section for tb and air filter.
As you say flipping it would work but after looking yesterday the steering shaft is literally mm's from the bottom of m45 already so physically no room to flip and fit adapters.
Unless of course a new plenum was made to sit higher up which in turn would give the m45 a little more room and may fit flipped around.
Is the gtir plenum a direct fit or does it need welding onto a ford inlet?

jeffw

posted on 5/1/14 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
You could certainly get an adaptor made (Flak Monkey on here did mine)

Have a look through this for ideas

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=165764

[Edited on 5/1/14 by jeffw]

Sierra

posted on 5/1/14 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Ok thanks I'm going to have to work out the cost all in as I can imagine it will all add up to a lot.
Then work out whether it's really worth it at the minute. Obviously have to get someone to check the inlet temps for me first before buying anything as they might not be as bad as I think at only 6psi. But saying that the inlet does get really really hot after a run so probably way to high.

beaver34

posted on 5/1/14 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
I thinkit would be worth measuring your inlet temps for now, you can see what they are in the omex 500 I presume, I run the later 600 and can log mine.

If you have a base to work from you can see how bad the situation is or not

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.