Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another silly moment....Front engine rear gearbox?
andygtt

posted on 3/1/08 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Hiya Crafty fancy meeting you here!!!

there are some interesting ideas for 4wd midi's on the Lambo forums but I think these solutions are a little heavy for us..... I considered 4wd for mine but given the complexity and weight I thought it wasn't worth considering trying to engineer a solution.

Are you planning to supercharge your Audi... if not you probably wont need 4wd if you get the suspension designed right...... I can put you in contact with the guy that did mine, I also introduced him to Clive, Wayne etc etc so you may know his work.... He's currently doing an Audi install into an Ultima for a quite guy on PH.

I'll be interested in any solutions you do come up with though, especially if they can take big power.

[Edited on 3/1/08 by andygtt]

Andy

please redefine your limits.

crafty

posted on 3/1/08 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Andy,

Obviously I have friends in low places! Ive been lurking here for a while... I think I mentioned in my email to you that I was starting down the track of a scratch build and was gathering ideas.

I've had some contact with Steve - yes, the stuff he is building is VERY nice!!!

The Audi will probably be TT.

I know I probably dont need 4WD - but this project is going to be about doing something different - and for the hell of it I may go 4WD.

Ive just picked up a copy of Solid Works... still sketching at the moment... and planning build space - may have that sorted - the Ultima may be moving away from home for a while.

andygtt

posted on 3/1/08 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
I know exactly what you mean about something different as thats exactly why I am doing mine.... there were so many other very very tempting alternatives that would be way less work and look just as good, but they are replicas or modified versions of the same existing theme.... Not that I am saying there is anything wrong with that, just that I HAD to have something different or Unique to call my own.

Do you think the 4wd is doable with the kind of outputs we are going for? I found it hard enough to get a 2wd box that was genuinelly strong enough.

Andy

please redefine your limits.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.