Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rolling Road killed my engine CAR IS SOLD
The Venom Project

posted on 12/6/10 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
DAYTUNER ARE NOT TO BLAME

Dear all builders,

This whole episode started with my friend who orginally owned the car being murdered in 2008, I took this project on not knowing really anything about it, apart from loving the colour and knowing that the engine was the same one fitted to the Campagna T-Rex trike I had been out in that year, I knew the performance was blistering and at the time of my friends death I was on with building a trike. I took this project on knowing it would be tough, I built it up mainly on my own, I spoke to Accusump in the USA with regard to filling it up and setting up the engine for its first run, I have had the engine running fine, but only at low revs and only for maybe 5 mins at a time.

I CANNOT VERIFY THE STATE OF THIS ENGINE BEFORE MY FRIEND DIED

I do NOT hold Daytuner responsible for anything that happened to my car on the 11th.... Better it happen on a Rolling Road than the real road one member said, yes how very true that is, I cannot imagine what would happen at 150MPH locking the back wheels? Careless comments hurt people and businesses.

The guy who owns Daytuner is a Biker first and now tunes cars, bikes whatever you need rolling roading anyway.

He is the top of his game, his knowledge can save your life.

It comes down to this, The car died at 9000rpm, nobody was hurt, I took it in the walet, my pain is I have to sell a car as spares. Money to repair is not an option.

The last 2 years have been the most stressful times I have ever had, from my friend being killed to building the car in his memory to stripping it down to get bits fitted to pass IVA, rebuilding and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel to instant death of my engine yesterday.

Game Over, back to bikes for me, something that is fast, reliable and also fun.

CASE CLOSED

Nick

[Edited on 12/6/10 by The Venom Project]

It's not that i'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.....

FFTS

posted on 12/6/10 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
I'm really sorry to hear it's eneded this way for you but it sounds like you did your best.

Enjoy whatever you decide to do!

Chris.

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 12/6/10 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Venom Project I don't hold him responsible, I think he knows his shit, I would never blame him, I feel the FUCKING ACCUSUMP is the cause of this FUCK UP...

I think Nick is right, it is easy to get the oil level wrong with an accusump. They hold about 4 litres of oil so the engine must have an extra 4 litres added. The level must be checked with the engine running and the accusump charged. If it is checked cold and then run the accusump sucks up 4 litres and the engine gets starved and goes bang. I doubt Daytuner would check oil levels, they'd expect the builder to have set the level.

I got my level wrong too, but luckily I've a dry sump system and overfilled it so the only repercusion was a nice fine oil spray in my face from the catch can on the way to my pre-MOT this morning.

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

scootz

posted on 12/6/10 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear about your situation... but glad to hear you've got a buyer!

As for 'who' or 'what' is to blame... who knows!? The only comment I'll pass is that Kawasaki built that particular engine to go in a ZZR1400 frame and deal with ZZR1400 loads.

Good luck with your next project!

It's Evolution Baby!

The Venom Project

posted on 14/6/10 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
On the road

quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
gutted mate! Any idea why it went pop?

have you been running this engine very long? has it been driving on the road ok?

It never got on the road, I think I did a total of about a mile in it, moving it around, I suspect the piston in the Accusump siezed or the Accusump level was incorrect, either way the bits that needed to perform didn't. I think I would never go down an Oil Injection system again, far too much money, far too unreliable. Total cost of this car is mental to say I never actually got it on the road...

Krismc

posted on 15/6/10 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
do NOT hold Daytuner responsible for anything that happened to my car on the 11th.... Better it happen on a Rolling Road than the real road one member said, yes how very true that is, I cannot imagine what would happen at 150MPH locking the back wheels?

My rear wheels locked at 65mph and that was bloody dangerous so I agree you are better it went at garage oh and i hope day tuner aint responsible as my car is there now

Built, Ivaed, Drove and now Sold - 2011 MNR VORTX RT+ 2000cc Zetec on R1 Throttle boddies.

The Venom Project

posted on 15/6/10 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
quote:
do NOT hold Daytuner responsible for anything that happened to my car on the 11th.... Better it happen on a Rolling Road than the real road one member said, yes how very true that is, I cannot imagine what would happen at 150MPH locking the back wheels?

My rear wheels locked at 65mph and that was bloody dangerous so I agree you are better it went at garage oh and i hope day tuner aint responsible as my car is there now

Well I don't blame them. I cant say what the cause was. I'm just trying to move on now and forget about the thousands of pounds I have wasted on this car.

scootz

posted on 15/6/10 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Venom Project
I'm just trying to move on now and forget about the thousands of pounds I have wasted on this car.

Story of my life... I dread to think how much I've wasted on cars!

It's Evolution Baby!

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.